When it was quiet through the house

And not a creature was stirring

-.-

Y'all were sleeping. I put it together here.

Ronaldo helped me smuggle it in.

I repeat; You. Are. Insane.

Yea? Well you accepted me into your life. So deal.

Love you, D.

Love you too. Now go tell the kiddos to 

open one present each after dinner.

Fine.

I grinned and sent him a heart.

Then tossed the phone back on my bed, flicking the light off and making my way to the living room. It was Christmas Eve. And this was my first time actually celebrating it as I've seen done through the windows of the brownstones I'd walked passed in the past.

It was dark, except for the faint glow of our own tree. I may have gotten carried away... And right by the wall of windows, Sweets was frowning into the night. I ahem-ed, and he turned his head to look at me.

"Hey Dracula, whatcha doing in the dark?" Ronaldo smiled, extending his hand out to me.

"Come here." Willingly I did because here was a touching opportunity, he pulled me in close. "It's snowing."

"That it is." I nodded. He kept tracking the flakes. Watching them float on down. His brow pinching. "Ronaldo, what's wrong?"

Sweets pulled his lips in for a moment. His hold on me firm. "I just..."

I waited patiently. He would say what was on his mind. All he needed was the right words.

"You would've been out there right now." His hand started to rub lazily against my lower back. Sliding around my hip. "I keep thinking about that. That you would have been out there."

I turned back to the window, counting out four fat flakes before my gaze blurred and the twinkling from our spruced up tree blocked everything else.

"It wouldn't have been so bad. Besides, you wouldn't have known so it's not like it'd make that much of a difference." I shrugged.

"That doesn't make me feel better."

"I've learned it's best not to dwell on what if's, Sweets. Living in alternatives only causes pain. Whether it be longing or remorse." I walked toward the couch.

"No dwelling, huh?"

"Nope."

"You really believe that?" He asked, curiously.

"Rules I live by, Sweets."

"Even if there's a possibility that a what if could be reality?"

I paused mid-fold of my sweater. "Meaning?" My breaths came out shallow. A part of me holding onto hope.