𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ after two months of not updating i finally sat down and wrote ! sorry if this chapter is boring, it's all i could come up with and it's more of a filler ] not edited !

If you could use one word to describe how you were feeling you would say scorching. If you had known the weather was going to be this indecent you would've stayed back at your father's cabin. It's been a month or so since you've learned the truth and although you find yourself growing furious at the thought of the guys doing that to your father, you remember that he had killed one of their own and for some strange reason you feel guilt.

Wooyoung has barely spoken a word to you, if none at all. The only words he spoke to you in the past two weeks were "Here's some food." You had barely known Wooyoung but the way he was acting towards you was hurtful. After that night at the town he's been treating you like you weren't even there. You wish you could gather up the courage to confront him but it seemed like every time you tried to, your throat would constrict and you'd coward away. Your relationship with Yunho and surprisingly, Yeosang, has grown. Yunho strangely reminded you of Annabeth; both of them goofy and strangely like the sun. You don't know how many times you've busted a lung from one of Yunho's jokes (of which Jongho calls lame). Your friendship with Yeosang is what you'd call ... strange. Hes blunt and somewhat cold, and if he hadn't spoken to you that night in the cave you'd think that he'd have no voice at all. But strangely enough, he was kind and decent towards you, always making sure you got food and had something to sleep on whenever the group would stop somewhere.

San and you have been getting closer as well. Hes shared stories of his childhood with you and how he used to sing with his older sister at a local church with his family and in return, you told him about how you and your mother would knit together in your cottage, talking about nonsense. He never brought up the mysterious girl from his past to you, not even once and it still racks around your brain. She was obviously special to him, special enough to where he went out of his way to buy you. You want to ask him but you don't want to overstep your boundaries so you keep yourself at bay.

"Y/n!" A voice shakes you out of your thoughts and nearly throws you off your horse, Malory. Seonghwa had managed to buy her off a farmer from a town you all had stopped 2 weeks ago and it's safe to say that you'd die for the animal. She's a beautiful caramel color, white spots decorating her, her tail a beautiful pearl color.

"Yes?" You reply and turn your head towards the direction the voice came from and to your surprise it's Hongjoong. You and  him weren't exactly on friendly terms, more like ' If you stay away
from me, I'll stay away from you' kind of deal.

"I need you and Yeosang to go and look around for somewhere to camp for the night," Hongjoong says, his gaze on yours almost bored as he gives the same look to Yeosang but gives him a small nod.

"Why cant I go with her!" Yunho whines almost childlike and you don't try to stop the smile that crawls on your face.

"Yunho, I need you and San to try and scavenge up some dinner for tonight," Hongjoong sharply looks at Yunho and he heaves a sigh, mumbling under his breath and you swear you see the older male smile but he quickly wipes it away and nods before turning back to the front. From the corner of your eye you see Yeosang maneuver his horse to the side and you do the same, following right behind him. It's bright green all around you, trees encircling you both as you try to not to knock yourself out by dangling branches. Yeosang doesn't bother to try and make conversation and you're somewhat relieved for that, wanting to just spend your time in silence.

You find yourself getting lost in your thoughts while Yeosang continues on forward looking for a place to sleep tonight. To anyone else, the scenery in front of you would look like a regular forest, dead grass and leaves on the ground but you've  never seen anything like it before. Back at your hometown , it's like a dust bowl and you were lucky if you saw even a patch of grass.

"It looks like a cabin up ahead, I don't see any horses," Yeosang announces from up ahead and you widen your eyes upon seeing how far behind you are, clicking your tongue and moving forward.

"Do you think anyone lives there?" You question, squinting your eyes trying to spot any signs of life but the only you see is the cabin which is caked in vines and bushes surrounding it. It looks to be abandoned but you don't want to risk it and neither does Yeosang.

"I'll go and check inside, you stay here." He demands and before you could even nod he hops off his horse and silently stalks towards the cabin, your eyes following him. He struggles to open the wooden door before finally succeeding, walking in the cabin and out of your sight.

A few minutes pass by before the door opens, Yeosang walking out, his face bland like always and he takes a few moments to get back on his horse before speaking.

"It's completely abandoned, but it's safe to stay here for a night or two," He announces and you find yourself smiling, happy that you're going to finally sleep under a roof rather than a tree. You both turn your horses around and head back to the group, silence falling upon you once again.

"You know, San isn't one to easily
open up to people." Yeosang's words confuse you, a frown curling on your lips but before you can question him, he keeps talking,"It took him almost a year before he told me about his childhood."

"...." You dont know what to say and the male senses it, continuing to talk.

"You want to know who his beloved was, dont you? I would too if I were you." That sentence alone makes your heart drop and you click your tongue, stopping the horse as you stare at the back of Yeosang's head.

"Who was she? What does she have to do with me?" You fire away and Yeosang also stops his horse, turning around to face you. His face is still bland and dead as ever but his eyes tell a different story and you want to hear it.

"Its not my story to tell, Y/n. But what I can tell you is that he meant a lot to her, I know she did. And that's why when she passed, a part of him did too," Yeosang says solemnly and you feel your heart crack. You feel sorry for San and for what hes lost but there's something that lingers in Yeosang's tone of voice and you can't help but question it.

"Do you... do you know how she passed?" You feel almost sick for asking such a question and you shake your head just as quickly but Yeosang answers you anyways.

"She was killed but I don't know by who, that's all I have." And with that he gives you one last look before turning his horse back around and moving forward, not bothering to check if you were following. You follow after him but what he said is now running across your mind. You knew it was wrong to have this thought, but you couldn't help but to. Why did you feel as if San had something to do with her passing?

"Y/n! Hurry up, I don't want San to rip my head off if he sees I left you in the forest!" Yeosang calls after you and you click your tongue, quickly trying to catch up, your heart racing as you think about going back to the group and San.