Hashibira Inosuke - Weak

It hurted me seeing Inosuke like this

When the two boys arrived at the nurse room, one was directed to you while the other one was treated by another helper.

You blinked, amazed by his looks. If it weren't for the uniform of the demon slayers, you would have sworn that he was a demon himself because of that boar mask he was using.

"He's currently unconscious." The man who was carrying him said. "He is in a really bad state, wounds all over him. It's amazing he's alive." He lays the boy on the bed while you make your way to him.

You start by analyzing his pulse and then feeling his torso and chest, followed by his legs, in order to see if there were any broken bones. You tried not to stare at his abs. Bruises were on his arms back and you found yourself feeling empathy for the boy.

He must have fought really hard.

You needed to see his face to do a complete check-up. But you hesitated, wondering if he would feel uncomfortable.

I'm a doctor. I need to do this!

As you were about to lift his mask, you feel a hand weakly enveloping your wrist. You look down, surprised, only to see the boy's hand grabbing you.

"Please..." His voice was low and sounded like it was in pain. "Don't."

"I'm sorry but I do need to see your face. You can have something broken or in need of treatment." You say softly, taking his hand of your wrist and laying it down gently. "Please."

"I don't want to."

"That mask must be important to you." You say as you place your hand on top of his, in an attempt to create some type of bond. "I promise I won't damage it."

As the guy says nothing, you move to remove his mask.

You had never seen a boy like him. It looked like a girl but at the same time like a boy.

And he's kinda cute.

He wasn't looking at you, his eyes closed, his nose taking deep breaths.

His face was bloodied, especially at the sides, as if someone had actually trying to crush it. You gently place your hand on his face, analyzing it, and the boy moves a bit at your touch.

He was wondering between being awake and asleep.

You put some bandages on his wounds and then prepare a medicine. You put it on a spoon, preparing to give him in his mouth.

"Hey," You call, since you didn't know his name. He lazily opens an eye to see you. "I need to give you this."

He glances at the spoon before looking away. "I'm pathetic." He mumbles.

You look at him, surprised. "What do you mean?"

"I couldn't even slay one demon." It was obvious that was hard for him to talk, but he continued. "I'm so weak. If it wasn't by that guy, I would have died."

"They were strong demons. And you are just a Mizunoto." You say, trying to make him feel better. "But I'm sure that with time, you will be strong enough to slay any demon."

"You are just saying that out of sympathy."

"I'm not." You contradict, realizing that that was the truth. "You survived while so many others died. There are things that you unable to do now but I'm sure that you will be in the future."

He looks at you, his face depressed, hardly believing your words.

"Being weak is nothing to be ashamed of. However, staying weak is." (A/N: Did you get the reference? xD) "If you don't want to lose, then get in these feelings and apply them to become stronger. Lamenting what happened won't get you anywhere."

His eyes widen, as if he had realized something.

You had no way to know but your words made him feel something warm inside of him. He kinda liked it.

"Now," You start, smiling, while you take the spoon again. "Can I give you the medicine?"

He stares at you before nodding. You place the spoon in his lips and the boy drinks it.

"Thank you." You say as you gather your things to leave. There were still patients that needed you.

"What's..." He mumbles and you turn around. "What's your name?"

You smile again. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N). And you?"

"Hashibira Inosuke. You can call me Inosuke."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Inosuke."

You were at the door when he speaks again.

"Will you come tomorrow?"