Prologue

Clarice was tired of her step-mother's  lies. From the blonde hair to the pinched heels, from the charming beauty to her very straight nose. This woman was the one who spoon-fed her father lies, and was the very reason for his disappearance. So she decided to confront her while she was relaxing by the pool.

"You're nothing but an evil woman." She seethed.

But her step-mother merely took off her sunglasses and scoffed at the idea. "That's what you thought of me ever since I came into you and your father's lives, isn't it?

"To the contrary, actually. I am just a survivor of pain and violence." She added, pointing to a nasty gash on her lip.

"But you decieved my father. You killed my mother—"

Agatha laughed harshly from the bottom of her throat. "Lies! All of it! That was just a rumor made up to portray your little story as a fairy tale, where the villian was nothing but pure malice and the hero innocent, good. But do you care to learn of the supposed villian's past?"

Clarice was taken aback. "Well, no."

"Do you believe that villians were always this way?"

".......Yes."

"Foolish girl," Agatha mumbled under her breath. "Nobody's born a monster, child. You'd do well to remember that."

Clarice sarcastically put her hands on her hips. "Then tell me, dearest step-mother. What's your fairy-tale?"