2- Dinner With...Him?

After the twist with my new boss, I headed to the elevator and pressed the button with the number 10 and the doors of the elevator closed.

Chapter 2

>>>DINNER WITH...HIM?<<<

I needed an introduction. So, what should I say? 'Hi, hello, I'm Katee Adams, I'm a working student...blah blah' or it could be 'Sup dudes? Katee's the name...' then that'd be so weird. Awkwardness seemed to be my second nature, unfortunately.

Maybe I could just go with the usual stuff people say when they introduce themselves, say the simple things like my age, where I live, what I do...etc.

So, I began: "Hi, my name's Katee Adams, as most of you must've already known. I'll be, um, the coordinator for the event that's going to happen here, in this very floor. Keeping this short, I just want to say that I hope we'll have a great time together and um, that's all...?" 

Silence. Stares.

Kill me now.

After a few seconds, someone finally broke the silence. "Alright then! Nice to meet you, Katee Adams, and welcome to the team." A girl with black hair approached me. "I'm Valerie Stone, but you can call me Vale. I'm responsible for the table setting."

"Nice to meet you, Vale!" We shook hands. I was so relieved and thankful to Vale. I approached a guy with red hair next. "Rick Stall," he smiled "I do the ceiling decors." We shook hands. "Hi Rick," I greeted. I feel so professional.

"Chan Frias, for the walls and floors. Nice to meet you, Katee," a black haired guy shook hands with me. "You too, Chan."

"And I'm Lara Louise," a blond girl smiled and shook my hand "For the curtains, and other stuff..." she simply said.

"Hello Lara," I said "Great then, nice to meet you all. I actually forgot to mention, my work here is choosing the theme and mostly for designing the clothes. And also, coordinating all your ideas in this event." I smiled at them who were also smiling at me. This was it. I still can't believe I landed this job, and now, here I am with my team. The feeling of awkwardness was suddenly washed over with nervousness. "Please don't mess up,' my brain kept repeating.

"Ah, I see you've already met your team?" Aleksie suddenly appeared. The others greeted her as she stood beside me.

"Yes, they're great, actually."

"Well then, your orientation and real work starts tomorrow. I really hope you'll make this room dashing and ready for the event next month." Aleksie said "Anyway, who wants to eat lunch?" she asked, as cheerful as ever. Somehow, Aleksie's two main moods seem to be extremely cheerful and extremely stressed. Extremely cheerful looked better on her.

The day went on, I fixed my schedule with Aleksie so that my work wouldn't interfere with my college classes. She also gave me a mini tour to the whole building, introducing me to employees that she thought I needed to know.

After a few hours of mingling, I was finally alone, sitting behind my desk and thinking about what decorations I want to put in my room, when my cell rang.

"Hello, Katee Adams here," I greeted.

"Hello, honey!"

"Hi, Mom! What's going on?"

"Well, I'm actually calling to tell you that we're having a business dinner with some of the company's partners. Are you free tonight?"

I checked my wristwatch and it was just 4 pm. Do I have plans for tonight? Hmm...I don't think so.

"I'm all free. Where's this dinner anyway?"

"In New York. Your father and I are actually headed there now and we're just two hours away. Dress formally and meet us at Le Gen' restaurant half an hour before 7, okay?"