Chapter 30

Brooklyn's POV

I yawned and sat up straight. I grabbed my phone to see it was a little bit over 3am. I sighed and got out of my bunk to get some water.

I took the last sip of my drink and placed it on the counter again. I grabbed my phone, fast opening some Snaps and then walked back to my bunk again, climbing in. I was about to close the curtains as I heard mumbling. Zach. I jumped out of bunk, trying not to wake anyone up and climbed up to his. I slightly opened his curtain to see he was, indeed, having a nightmare again. I sighed and first got him a glass water for when he wakes up. I putted it om the ground and then went back up. He was moving a little more. It's slowly getting worse as asual. I putted my flashlight on and shook him a little.

"Zach wake up. Zach calm down, it's just a bad dream." I whispered to him.

"Brook? You promised me not too. Please, y-you promised me." He let out and I tried my best to wake him up. "Brooklyn no. You can't do that, p-please. I-I like you. I-I like you a lot, okey? Please, you can't leave me here alone." He silently cried and I shocked.

He likes me? Or maybe this is just a dream? Yes this is just his dream. But what if not? What if he really means it?

"Zach. Zach, come on, wake up. It's just a nightmare." I told him and shook him a little harder this time. "Zach everything is fine with me. I didn't break the promise and I will never. Please wake up, Zach." His eyes fluttered open and he breahted heavily. As soon as he noticed me, he pulled me fully into his bunk and hugged me tightly. I played with his hair as he slowly calmed down.

"I hate this so much." He whispered.

"I know," I slowly tried to get out of his grib. He didn't let go of me easy as he was scared that I would leave him. I grabbed the glass of water and handed it to him as I helped him sit up. "Here, drink some." He took some slow sips as I stroked his back and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Did I wake anyone else up?" I shook my head in response. "I'm sorry I woke you up." He sighed.

"You didn't wake me up. I got thirsty so I got myself some water. Only after that I heard you." I whispered and putted his glass of water away for him. "But I thought the nightmares were slowly going away?"

"Yeah I thought so too." He sighed. "I really feel like a little kid." I, now, sighed and shook my head.

"You aren't, really. You can't do anything about it. And you know I will never hurt myself, do you? I promised you, and I won't break a promise I made to you." I whispered to him and felt him nod in response.

"I know, but everything just seems so real." He slowly laid down and I removed my head from his shoulder as I stayed sitting. "Will you stay with me again?" I let out a soft chuckle and nodded. I laid down too, shutted my flashlight off on my phone and closed the curtains. 

"Goodnight Zach." I whispered and laid my head on his chest as I cuddled into him.

"Goodnight." He whispered back and kissed my forhead. "Hey Brook?"

"Yes Zach?"

"Did you heard anything unusual in my sleep? Like me saying something weird or new to you?" I knew he was talking about him liking me.

"No, not really. Just the usual. You saying my name, telling me that I need to stop and something about that promise. Nothing more." I felt him breathing out a deep breath and heard him sigh. "Why?"

"Oh nothing. Thanks anyways Brook. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said again and closed my eyes.

I stayed awake for a few minutes as I kept on overthinking his confession.

It can't be that he likes me.

"I really have to tell you sometime, Brook. If I want to, or not. I don't think the nightmares will ever stop if I don't tell you I like you more than just a friend." He whispered, guessing that I had already falling asleep. I felt a soft kiss being placed on my forhead. "Never thought I would say this, but I think I love you. Don't even ask me how I can go from hating you, to loving you. I just do." He kissed my cheek and played with my hair and slowly but softly stroked my arm.

H-he loves me?

Well I guess I now know the reason for his nightmares, but still. Is this the real reason why he didn't want to tell me in the first place? 'Cause he already knew all of this?

I really need Jonah tomorrow. Or Daniel. Maybe both. I'll see.

I fell asleep not long after that. He somehow calmed me down as he was playing with my hair. His touch in general calms me down.