Chapter 24

Brooklyn's POV

"You can do this, Brook. You can do this. It's really easy. You just say you don't like to be an interviewer or tv-host." I mumbled to myself as my hands started to shake.

I had now waited for a week to tell my mother. I had only one week left, but today felt like the right day to do so. I already texted Zach that I was gonna tell her today and he wished me luck.

I made my way down the stairs as she was in the kitchen. I walked to the counter and leaned on it, laying my self made portfolio on it.

"Mom?" I asked and she turned around.

"Yes sweetie?"

"I-I want to tell you something." She looked at me confused and sat down on a chair. "So you always would like to have me following you in your job, right? That you see, me being your assistant, as a way to further myself?"

"Yes of course. Wouldn't it be great that you could work in the same program as me? You grew up in this." She explained and smiled.

"Yes I know, and it was fun to walk around, meet new people and meet Ace." I answered and smiled a little. "But I never really liked to be on tv like that. To sit on a chair, behind a desk and tell people a storie that you have learned yourself to tell them that day. Or to be all formal and ask people questions, you most of the time, didn't make yourself. You can't really do your own thing. People tell you what to do and what to say."

"What's wrong with that then?" My mother asked confused. "You can't always do your own thing. Your boss won't let you. You have lines you have to work in, otherwise you'll get fired."

"I know that, but I don't want people to own me. I don't want to be stuck inside. I want to go outside if I want too. I want to see more than just a room with camera's and green screens."

"Then what do you want?" My mom asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I want to become a photographer." I answered and saw my mom laughed sarcasticly.

"You? A photographer? And where did you get that idea from?"

"I always wanted that. It's my dream. I always liked to make pictures of things that happen in moment. To put beautiful memories stuck in pictures. I am already busy with persuing my dream. I have a profile where I post the pictures I make." I told my mom and saw her roll her eyes.

"A profile. With how many followers?" She raised an eyebrow at me again.

"Almost 300k." A smile grew on my face as I showed her my profile. I saw her scrolling down and taking a closer look to some things.

"Not bad, but you don't seriously believe that you can live from being a photographer, do you?"

"Why not? There are lots of famous photographers. And there is a lot of choice. You can do modeling, or magazines, for concerts, even in the tv business." I pointed out.

"I don't know, Brook. How do you want to get a job if you haven't even had a education for it? Or any other experience? There will be no one who will hire you now. They only want professionals. Not 18-year olds." She answered me and I sighed.

"I know that mom. I already thought about that, but how will I ever get experience if I never tried? I got some pretty good photos and I already made a portfolio." I handed her my portfolio and she looked into it.

"It's good, but I have to be honest with you. There are a lot of good photographers out there. What makes you different from them?" She asked me and I had no answer for her. What makes me different? What makes me special? "Excatly. Nothing. You have to be really lucky to make it. And that profile of yours is nice, but it won't help you. Everyone can do that. Everyone can make a pictures. Even a 6-year old can make a picture. I'm sorry sweetie, but I would stick with the tv business I'm in and let photography be a hobby. I will get you a job and then you can start next week. If that's all, then I will call some people from work about the schedule for tomorrow." She replied and walked away.

"Probably the same as every day." I mumbled and ran up to my room. I laid on my bed and hide my face in my pillow as tears started to fall.

I'm never gonna make it as a photographer if my own mother doesn't even believe in my dream. And she's right. There's nothing that makes me special, or different. I'm just like all the others.

~ A few hours later ~

My phone went off for a couple of times. I reached over to grab it and saw Zach texting me.

Chat: Zachyybear🧸

Zachyybear🧸❤:
Hey Brook
Zachyybear🧸❤:
How did it go?
Zachyybear🧸❤:
Brook?
Zachyybear🧸❤:
You did tell her, right?

Brook💍:
Yes I did

Zachyybear🧸❤:
And??

Brook💍:
Just forget about it
Brook💍:
It was a stupid idea, and
a stupid dream.

Zachyybear🧸❤:
What?
Zachyybear🧸❤:
Why?

Brook💍:
Oh come on, who would want
to hire me?
Brook💍:
There are so many photographers
and I'm just one of them.

Zachyybear🧸❤:
What do you mean?

Brook💍:
There's nothing that makes
me different or special, Zach.
Brook💍:
My mom is right.
Brook💍:
I'll just keep it as a hobby and
get a job in the tv-business.

Zachyybear🧸❤:
No Brook, come on.
Zachyybear🧸❤:
You're really good!
Zachyybear🧸❤:
You can't let that go to trash,
because of something
your mom said.

Brook💍:
You don't understand Zach.
Brook💍:
I can never live from it,
and people only want
professionals.

Zachyybear🧸❤:
Me and the boys don't

                Send this message?
                           Yes| No

Zachyybear🧸❤:
Pls Brooklyn, don't give
up so fast.
Zachyybear🧸❤:
You're really good, and that
your mom can't see that is her problem.
Zachyybear🧸❤:
Don't give up on your dream
so easily when there are lots
of oppertunties out there!

Brook💍:
My mom will get me a job,
probably as personal assistent
by her tv-program.
Brook💍:
If everything goes right, I'll start
next week. That's when you
guys leave and I'll put my
whole focus on this.
Brook💍:
I'm sorry, but I don't think
there's anything you can
change Zach.
Brook💍:
Thank you for believing in me
though. That really means
a lot❤

Zachyybear🧸❤:
Always Brooklyn

End chat

I sighed and putted my phone down. This is gonna be hard but when Zach and the boys are on tour, I got no distraction anymore.