Chapter Thirty-One -The Reception

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     As we sit down, I take a look at the beautiful winter-themed decorations Alya had ordered for the reception, and I have to admire her taste.  There are fake snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, and the area around the dance floor is covered with fake snow.

"Hey, Marinette?" says Alix, who had been chosen as a bridesmaid along with most of my female classmates.

"Yeah?" I respond, pulling my eyes away from the glittery snowflakes.

"I just wanted to say congratulations. I know how long you've loved Adrien, and I'm happy for you."
"Thanks. How's it going with you and Kim?"
"Actually, while we're on that topic... We're getting married."
"What? I'm so happy for you!" I'm almost yelling my expression of congratulations.

She blushes a brighter red than Nathaniel's hair. "Thanks, Mari," she says in a quieter voice than normal.

"Hey, can you do patrol with King Monkey for a few days?" I ask her.

     She looks at me, surprised.  "Patrol?" she says, "But why?  We haven't had patrol forever!"

     "I know," I say, "I just feel like it's not over.  Something is coming."

     "Like what?"
     "I don't know, I just have a bad feeling..."
     "Marinette, I'm sure it's gonna be fine."
     "Please just go on patrol."

     "Fine," she says with a sigh, "I'll tell Kim that we need to patrol."

"Thank you," I say.

"I can take patrol tomorrow," says Alya, "That is, if Nino's okay with it."

"Thanks, Alya," I say, "I wonder if Viperion would be okay with me—I mean Multimouse— patrolling with him on Wednesday."

"He'd literally do anything for you, Mari."
"I know."

"Hey, guys," says Juleka, "Alya got Jagged Stone to play a few songs!"

"Alya!" I yell, "You didn't have to do that!"

"Yeah, I did," she protests.

     "Thanks, Alya."
     "What are friends for, girl?"

     "Hey, Alya," says Adrien, "These decorations are amazing!"

     "Thanks," she says.

     "Well, Marinette, may I have this dance?" says Adrien.

     "Of course, Kitty," I say. 

     We walk out to the dance floor as the next song begins, and he twirls me.

     I still knew, though, that this wasn't truly over.

.............................................................................

Hey, guys.  Sorry for the short chapter!