Chapter Thirteen - Disgrace

Warning: This chapter has a LOT of monologue.
.............................................................................

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

    "Marinette, wait!" Tikki says, attempting to keep up.

     "No, Tikki, I need to get as far away as possible.  I let everyone down again!" I scream.

     "Marinette, calm down!" Tikki cries.

     "It's not like Hawk Moth will akumatize me again," I tell her.

     "Marinette, come on.  Maybe you can talk to Chat Noir later.  That always seems to cheer you up," says Tikki.

     "Maybe you're right," I say as she flies into my bag.

     "Hey, Princess, I can tell you've been pretty upset lately.  What happened?" Chat asks.

     I spin on my heel to face him.  "How long have you been here?" I yell.

     "Why, I just arrived, Princess," he says with a grin.

     I sigh and start to confess.  "Well, I have been a little upset.  The boy I love, Adrien, rejected me.  I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm one of his fangirls, but I'm not.  I may seem like a creep, having an organized copy of his daily schedule and having pictures of him on my walls, but I have pictures because I love fashion, and I have the schedule because I really want to see him more often.  He's an amazing friend.  He's really kind, and really generous.  In fact, I made a scarf for him once.  It was blue.  I forgot to sign it, so I did it at his birthday party.  It was a sticky note, so it must've been easy to take off.  He came to school the next day wearing the scarf, saying it was from his father.  I didn't tell him it was from me because I want him to be happy.  I also have his birthday presents for the next thirty years made, which I admit is slightly creepy.  I wrote a love letter to him once and forgot to sign it.  It was heart-shaped, and it was a response to one he threw away," I tell him.

     Chat seems stunned.  "Marinette, you really don't seem like one of his fangirls.  Plus, I doubt he thinks that.  You're so amazing!" he says, hugging me.

      "Well, I doubt he thinks that," I whisper before bursting into tears.

     "Marinette, it's okay.  I'm sure he'll realize how great you are," he says.

     "I don't want to hear it when he does.  You know what?  I'm over him.  I'm going to find someone else after I get control of my emotions," I say, sniffling.

     Chat lets go of me, and I can see that my words had somehow hurt him.  "Well, have a nice evening, Princess," he says.  He leaves, and I walk home.