08 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

Start from the beginning

"Jeongguk—"

"Each time I came to you to get stitched up, I've been bit. Those couple of days ago, the gash on my shoulder, I was bitten again," he explained, tugging at his shirt collar so he could expose his neck where he had been bitten. "Taehyung's condition is a byproduct of me. I kissed him when I still felt the infection with me and now he's different but he's still human." Hoseok slowly lowers his gun.

"I thought you would find this fascinating being a doctor." Namjoon spoke up.

"Well, once the internal panic wears off," Yoongi made his way around his husband. He set both Jeongguk and Taehyung on the table for checkups. He listened to Jeongguk's heart and took his pulse. However, Namjoon stepped in when Yoongi tried to take a blood sample.

"Let's not get too hasty here. We know for sure that Jeongguk has the cure."

"Well, that's the thing. Taehyung has nothing wrong with him. Everything seems to be working normally. But Jeongguk's pulse is quicker. Even if he's calm, and there's a swishing in his heart-"

"That's the infection. I can feel it," Jeongguk put his hand to his chest.

"But I don't bleed," Taehyung piped in.

"Watch this." Yoongi lifted Taehyung's arm. He ran a knife across his skin, forming a deep gash. It did not bleed as expected. However, Taehyung could see something happening. His body was repairing itself. "You're not bleeding because your skin is forming a protective layer right at the veins. Whatever is wrong with you, it's keeping you alive. Jeongguk bleeds. There's a distinct difference."

"What about the fact that I can hear their thoughts? Or I can see and hear everything unlike any human I know?"

"Heightened senses to keep you alive or..." Yoongi paused looking over at Jeongguk, "You were possibly a guard for Jeongguk, a being that could stay alive so that you could keep the cure safe. Your strain is much more zombie-like. Perhaps the immunity found out it was vulnerable and decided to make someone who could protect it." Taehyung looked down at his hands.

"What about cravings?"

"Cravings?" asked Yoongi warily. Taehyung was afraid to look up. He did not want a gun up in his face.

"I thought about eating—" Taehyung turned his attention to Namjoon. Then, his gaze fell straight to his lap. A quiet hush crept over them for some time.

"Was Jeongguk in trouble?"

"No. He was just saved. And—"

"Do you believe Namjoon had anything to do with it?" Taehyung was unable to answer. Taehyung had believed that Namjoon put Jeongguk in danger just so Taehyung would be bitten. "I think the sole purpose for this is to protect Jeongguk." Yoongi took Jeongguk's arm.

Taehyung watched as he began lowering his knife to Jeongguk's skin. At the last second, Taehyung grabbed ahold of Yoongi's wrist. The doctor's eyes widened. "Well, that's certainly interesting." Taehyung snapped out of his small rage.

"What is?" Taehyung released Yoongi from his firm grasp.

"Your eyes ... they turned red," he laughed. "We need to get you to CDC, Jeongguk as well. I'll pack my things." Yoongi made his way over to a worn dresser.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa hold up. Who said you were going with us?" Namjoon walked over towards the doctor. Hoseok came over to help his husband pack. Guess he was coming too.

"Think about it. You need a doctor. I'm a doctor."

"Great deduction skills there, Sherlock, but no, It's dangerous," Namjoon put his foot down. Yoongi and Hoseok continued to pack their clothes.

"The CDC won't believe a random man on the street and they certainly won't believe those bite marks until after they shoot. You need someone who's medically inclined." Taehyung tuned out their quarry. He put his shirt back on. Taehyung went to hand Jeongguk his own shirt. His eyes skimmed over the two bites on his torso. Taehyung had not noticed the one on his stomach before. Jeongguk covered his body with his arms.

"I don't like people staring," murmured Jeongguk. Taehyung kneeled before him. He maneuvered Jeongguk's hands from his exposed torso and placed his hand on the boy's tummy.

"We're one in the same. Only I have glowing red eyes when I'm mad." Jeongguk cracked a smile. "I don't care about your scares, Gguk. I didn't even care about them before." Jeongguk took his shirt from Taehyung and gave the older a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, Silver."

Taehyung smiled at that. It meant a lot to him to still have that nickname. Next thing they knew, they were all packed and ready to go. Hoseok and Yoongi tagged along as they made their way to the CDC.

While Jeongguk and Taehyung hand-in-hand.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

SOPE NATION where y'all at?! Monie, I can't even express how much I adore Yoonseok/Sope. They're totally the 'opposites attract couple'.

I can imagine Dr. (Jeong) Yoongi irl.

ON...

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts.

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라해요~💜