04 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

Start from the beginning

"It's Taehyung," Taehyung answered, he observed how Jeongguk's chocolate irises flickered down to his lips.

"C-Can I kiss you, Taehyung?" asked Jeongguk apprehensively. Taehyung eluded his gaze and stared at his feet. What had occurred earlier today had been a burst of confidence. It had somewhat been out of Taehyung's control. Jeongguk tilted Taehyung's chin up and slowly came within proximity, merging their lips together. It was quite awkward to kiss Jeongguk upside-down. The boy pulled away quickly however and leaped from the bar, landing perfectly on his feet much to how a cat does.

"Don't stare at me like that."

"You need to relax." Taehyung heaved out a frustrated sigh. He went over to sit down in the couples section of the carousel. Jeongguk took the vacant space beside him.

"I can't. Not when the world is shit and we treat each other like shit," Taehyung husked, he could tell the younger felt slightly uncomfortable. Jeongguk stood up and held onto the pole attached to the frame. His cheeks pressed against the metallic structure.

"Joon's just trying to protect me."

"He talks about you like you're a piece of meat," Taehyung scoffed, agitated. He watched as Jeongguk sighed, delicate fingertips tapping the pole rhythmically.

"We've never done anything. It's just defense, Taehyung. I asked him to."

"Why would you do that?" asked Taehyung slightly concerned. The ebony-haired boy looked around the mall absentmindedly, bottom lip stuck between his teeth. He was not actually thinking about Taehyung's question, he was thinking about whether or not he trusted Taehyung.

"I can't tell you."

"And you asked me to trust you?" scoffed Taehyung, the muscle in his strong jaw clenching. He rose to his feet and began walking out. However, he would never leave the boy. Jeongguk grabbed the other's arm.

"Taehyung..." whispered Jeongguk, he let his head rest on the middle of Taehyung's muscular back. "I can't tell you right now. I will soon. I just have to talk to Namjoon about it. He only wants to protect me." Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't like the fact that he degrades you."

"He's a nice person. He's like a father to me. The reason he says those things is to draw the attention away from me. No one wants to ruin a relationship in times like these," Jeongguk admitted. Taehyung ultimately turned around. Jeongguk was staring at him. Then, he poked the small beauty mark on the tip of Taehyung's prominent nose. "I will tell you, just not now. I trusted you with my first kiss because you took care of me when everything seemed to go wrong. I needed you and I still need you. You're something special, Tae. And it feels so good to know your real name."

"Gguk, I—"

"I'm tired of this serious talk. Let's go have some fun," a beam spread across Jeongguk's features. He slipped his small hand back into Taehyung's larger one and dragged the older into some old, abandoned stores. Jeongguk immediately lead Taehyung to the kids section. Jeongguk, of course, disappeared in the many isles of toys. The only time Taehyung saw him was when he popped in with a tiara to put atop Taehyung's head. The older rolled his eyes at the younger's childishness. Jeongguk ended up skipping into the bedding isle. There was a perfectly made bed draped with liberty-gray sheets situated at the center. "Join me," called Jeongguk, patting the vacant spot beside him. Taehyung glanced around to check for any danger.

"Fine," he gave in. Taehyung plopped down beside the boy and took the tiara off his head and placed it of Jeongguk's mob of ebony locks.

"I'm queen," the boy giggled. Taehyung lay on his side watching Jeongguk fondly. Jeongguk poised so much sass, but it was an appropriate quantity that still allowed an internal exquisiteness to luster. "Sometimes I fall asleep here. It's safe."

"The point of telling me that was?"

"I don't want to go back there for the rest of the night. Will you stay with me?" Jeongguk rolled to his side cranking his neck to the side as he started up at Taehyung with those big, innocent, hopeful irises. Taehyung loved his eyes.

"We have no weapons," Taehyung stated. Jeongguk gripped his shirt tightly.

"Please. We won't be hurt. I've done it thousands of times." Taehyung sighed.

"Why do you act like you have a death wish?" Jeongguk's bottom lip jutted out in a pout. "I'm not going to be able to fall asleep." They crawl underneath the soft, inviting covers. Jeongguk curled up against Taehyung's chest. Taehyung stared at the boy for a few minutes before he eventually allowed himself to fall within candid obscurity.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

Ggukie's such a cutie pie in this fic ㅍ3ㅍ

____꒰࿐chapter question:࿐ྂ꒱____
Any ideas on Gguk and Joon's secret?

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts (:

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라해요~💜