Chap 5: Life is cruel

Start from the beginning

"Nice one John" Dina says looking over at him from the corner of her eye.

"Yeah Yeah" John says as he finally takes his seat successfully. Loren and I start to laugh for no go reason making us smile as John scratches his head in embarrassment.

"Why...Why are you all smiling!" Tom shouts making me look over to see his blood shot eyes and Tears trickling down his cheeks.

"What do you mean?" Dina asks

"Our friend is dead and your all laughing and smiling!" Tom shouts having his voice waver wildly.

"Tom! Calm down!" I say

"Why? So I can die like Rein! Oblivious to my own demise because of some idiot!" Tom shouts looking me in the eye with hate.

"Tom shut up!" I Shout into his face making my face warm up with anger.

"Fuck you! I'm not going to die because of you!" Tom shouts even louder making other soldiers look over at us. Suddenly a fist comes out of no where slamming into Toms face making me sprawl onto the ground in pain.

"Tom! Rein died saving his best friend!" John shouts standing over Tom who is now sitting while looking up a John with fear gleaming within his eyes.

"So why must you blame this all on the guy who saved all of our lives! The guy who led us into combat so that we can win for Humanity!" John shouts as he tightens his fists.

"But..." Tom quiets while he rubs his left cheek in pain.

"John sit down" I say pointing back to his spot. John looks at me and nods.

"Tom...Do you really want to know why i'm smiling?" I ask looking down at him. Tom nods to my question as he waits for me to say something.

"Tom I am smiling because I am here with my friends. I am smiling because John, Loren, Dina, and you are all here with me Alive! Thats why I choose to smile because I am able to spend more time with you all while we all still live." I say not only looking at Tom. But at the others as well.

"So when you are all sent back into that hell! Be sure to get out of there alive!" I say.

"And John, you take lead for when commander Pixis calls you all to battle" I say.

"Good luck"

(Hours later)

The wooden boat sways left and Right as we calmly sail our way past wall Sina and into Stohess. I glace around the boat looking at each of passengers who are taking this boat along with myself.

Most of the people have a weird look in their eyes showing that they have all seen death themselves. As my gaze slowly passes each of the people one man made me stop. His eyes are sharp with anger blazing in his eyes. I then look down his uniform seeing that he was part of the Garrison. But as I look down I realize that his legs are gone, along with some of his pants which are stained in old blood.

I look away from the man and over the railing seeing a village. seeing my home. Stohess. The boat slows down as we arrive at the wooden docs with plenty of people standing on it with worried faces. Most of them are waiting for any news about their loved ones or friends who are stuck in battle.

"I hate this part the most." The man I was gawking at earlier says. I look over seeing his eyes are locked with mine. I stay silent not knowing what to say.

"Hmm? A silent one huh?" The man asks now showing a smile.

"You better treasure your time off kid. Because you will only just get sent back to hell." The man says. The boat stops moving as something splashes into the water.