Clap For Her

Two weeks passed and I did recover. I got a few threats from Davion but I blocked him from my phone so he couldn't threaten me anymore. August is a really nice guy and he cares about me even though I'm just an employee.

Imani and me have built a good friendship since she spends most of her time in my hospital room talking to me. She told me a lot while August was gone.

She walked in my room with my going home bag and a big smile on her face.

"Time for you to see your new home!! Here's your outfit babe go change. We have a lot to do"

"Alright" I took the bag into the bathroom and changed into a pair of low cut skinny jeans, a floral crop top and a long black cardigan.

I put my hair up in a ponytail and did my makeup. I looked at the shoes Imani brought dumbfounded. She wants me to walk around town in some black stilettos?!

She does it but I can't. I put them on and walked out of the bathroom.

"Imani there is no way I can wear these heels all day"

"Kat hun you get to go home and feel the relief of taking them off and putting on your slippers. That's the only reason I do it."

"Fine"

"August is coming to pick you up and take you shopping for furniture and Guess what"

"What?"

"I get to shop for all your clothes!!"

"Please buy actual sneakers"

"I will. But did you hear? August is taking you shopping. Alone"

"Okay. And?"

"Maybe he'll make a move" I started cracking up laughing.

"Mani that'll never happen! August and me? Come on he's my boss!" August walked in making the room go silent.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked taking off his hat.

"No we were just talking about girl stuff. I'll be going now. See Ya later" She kissed my cheek, winked at August, and left.

"You ready?"

"Yeah. Yeah let's go" I followed him to his car and he drove to the furniture store.

"I never finished telling you what I wanted to tell you" August said.

"What'd you want to tell me?"

"Two weeks ago. The nurse walked in and cut off our conversation so I just forgot about what I had to say"

"Oh. Well what is it?" He pulled into the parking lot and stared at me for awhile.

"I'll tell you some other time"

"Okay. I guess"

We walked inside the store and went straight to the dressers.

"See any you like?"

"Uh you can pick" I said. I hate these issues I have. I only told him to pick because I don't want to pick something wrong or too expensive.

"What? You don't want to pick your own furniture? That you're going to live with for I hope a long time?"

"Well no. You can pick everything. I can pick the bed"

"Alright. I hope we got the same taste" He picked out a mahogany dresser that was so beautiful with gold knobs and a mirror that could be nailed to the top.

He picked a matching coffee table, dining room table, desk, and chairs. Everything was so pretty. We must have the same taste I guess.

I picked a bed that was memory foam with a mahogany frame and head board. I love everything so much. I hope I never lose it.