Chapter 21: Broken Bones

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I noticed the string of black beads around her neck and looked down to see I sported one as well and thank god it wasn't silver because I had no idea what that would have done to June, "Do you know what it is."

"No." She croaked. "But I don't feel anything anymore. The pack and Penelope, it's as if their presence was ripped from me."

What the hell?

I grabbed the chains that connected my hands to the cuffs on the ceilings and willed my fire to melt it.

"I'm going to get us out of here," I promised her but she immediately shook her head.

"No Callum, don't." Her tone immediately made me stop, "You can't create a fire, they have kids here. I've seen them escort about twenty of them through the hall and the look of those kids... God, we can't leave them behind, especially in a burning building."

"June, we can't focus on that right now, those kids could be working for them."

"They aren't. They're being tortured or were kidnapped, I don't know but we can't leave them if we set the building on fire. Callum, they have silver, a lot of it and if we do anything, they'll kill us. I know it."

I considered what she said but there was no way I wasn't getting her out of her before those fucking rogues touched her. If that was Everette... I couldn't even finish the thought.

The anger that consumed me raged as I thought about what Ev must be going through and prayed that she didn't come after me because of the sick rogues that were here. But with June here, Penelope would come looking and with Penelope looking, Everette would be close behind.

I missed my girl so much that my heart ached at the thought of her but I don't want her to come to this place. Wherever the hell this place was.

It may be the only time I wished Finneas would hold her back and keep her at his side. For her safety. But I'm too selfish to entertain that thought for long and knew that even if I died here I wouldn't want that bastard anywhere near her.

"What are you doing?" June whisper yelled at me until I noticed that I had set the chain on fire and it caused smoke because of the high temperature.

Heavy footsteps pounded against the cement floors as the sound grew closer to us and June's eyes held pure fright and I knew I messed up.

The doors to the right of the hallway burst open and three men stepped out. Three big bulky men that looked like bears whose fish we just stole.

"You causing trouble in here Sugar?" Thing #1 addressed June as she shrunk into herself. His gaze turned to me as he smiled, showing off his decaying tooth. He was the biggest and ugliest one between the three of them and that was saying something. "Well, well, well, looks like the pretty boy has finally woken up from his beauty sleep." 

My jaw clenched in anger but playing into their games wasn't what I was about.

"Compared to you three, you might as well as give me a crown for this beauty pageant. Though I must say, I doubt you would have even qualified to enter." I put on a smirk as his eyes held shock from my answer and I could tell that he was ticked off.

He growled and bent down at my cage and I noticed he had gloves on to protect him from the silver.

"You've got a lot of balls kids, but say any more dumb shit and you won't be the owner of them anymore." He chuckled.

"At least I've got a pair to loss." I shrugged and saw the anger ticking in him.

"I'll-"

"You'll what?" I cut him off with a snicker, "Kill me with your ugly ass face? Trust me, I'm already going blind."