Jeremy

Kolby entered the thrift store and looked around. He flipped one of the light switches up and the light cast a welcoming glow over the piles of dusty knick-knacks and racks of clothing. The fox chuckled as he went to one of the racks of clothing and put his wrist near his face. "I found a bunch of clothes that we could use here."

"Good job, but for now just try and see what is causing that signal." Amelia's voice came over the sleeve monitor.

Kolby was about to answer her when his glance was caught by what looked like a giant cabinet... with the cutest scarf hanging over the weirdly shaped handle. He grinned and took the scarf and wrapped it around his neck. "Oh my gosh! I found this really cute scarf!"

"Lucky! All I found a bunch of candy and old films." Robin yelled causing Kolby to laugh.

"And you're complaining? Make sure to bring back some of those for the rest of us back at the base." Amelia's voice said as Kolby turned to look in his reflection in the cabinet's window.

As he studied the scarf he realized that could see through to the other side of the cabinet door. Feeling a little curious he took a closer look... and jumped back. "Oh my god."

There was a guy in the cabinet... if he could call it a cabinet. He heard the others inquiring, but he didn't answer. He was looking at the guy. He had black hair, pale skin, black and green eyes...

Kolby blinked. The guy was awake and just staring at him. He pulled his arm to his mouth again. "Guys. I found something. It's a guy in a cabinet or pod of some kind..."

"Open the door."

Kolby whirled around as he heard a voice in his ear. "Robin?"

"We're coming, Kolby. Don't open the door okay?" Robin yelled.

He didn't hear her... He had turned back to the door and was reaching to open it as a cloud of smoke enveloped the guy. "I have to help him." He said sounding as if he had just woken up.

The door opened with a click and the smoke poured out and filled the room... Kolby whimpered and did a 360... "Guys?"

An echo-y voice whispered in his ear. "You shouldn't have opened that..." A figure came out of the smoke and lunged at Kolby, eliciting a scream from the fox.

The room cleared of smoke as Amelia ran in gun out. "KOLBY?!"

She lowered the gun when she saw Kolby lying face down on one of the tables with blood pouring from a wound on his neck. She cursed under her breath and changed her gun clip out. "Kolby, can you hear me bud?"

She heard a mutter from the fox. "Don't..."

Amelia frowned. "I am so sorry bud. You're gonna need to hold it down over there." She scanned the room as Kolby lifted his head. His eyes were bloodshot and his teeth were bared.

"P-Please don't come any closer..."

Amelia nodded. "I know. I know. Just stay down okay buddy?" Her eyes scanned the room as she heard Robin run in behind her. "Robin. Stay put."

Robin let out a scream and Amelia turned around to see why she wasn't answering.

The boy let Robin fall to the ground blood dripping down his face as he looked Amelia up and down. "Where am I?"

Amelia trained his gun on him without looking him in the eyes. "Helena, Montana."

The boy looked a little confused. "You know that won't affect me..."

Amelia nodded. "Good thing these aren't normal bullets."

The boy put a hand on his head... "What's going on?"

Amelia's eyes slowly trailed up to look the guy in the face. "Took a nice bite out of my friends here." She moved so she could see the guy and her two friends who were getting and making their way to stand behind him.

The boy looked down and let out a cough. "O-Oh..." He slumped to his knees, muttering the word no over and over again. "Oh my god, I did it again..."

Amelia didn't put the gun away, but she took a step closer. "It's alright. I know how it goes." She looked up at her friends who stared at her with empty expressions. "Oh... Kolby... Robin..."

The boy looked up at her. "I am so sorry... It's been so long... and I was so hungry... I just can't control it." He looked up at them and they seemed to snap out of it.

Kolby yelped and pawed at his neck, which had healed up. "OH, THANK DOG I STILL HAVE FUR."

Robin jumped back and screamed throwing a pan at the boy. "HOW DARE YOU?!"

The boy stayed still. "I am so sorry..."

Kolby turned around. "Am I high? I can hear the clock ticking! Dude! Am I a vampire?!" He looked from Amelia to the guy who both just stared at him. "I AM! That is so dope!"

Robin whacked Kolby in the back of his head. "DOPE?! How am I going to explain this to Robby?" She put her hands on her hips. "OH! Sorry about that hole in your throat bro, just got a little hungry and I decided why not!"

"Psh, You know Robby would love being a vampire. I hear he's been asking around but everyone feels too weird about it to do it."

They continued arguing while Amelia finally put her gun away and sat down next to the vampire. "What's your name?"

"Jeremy... Jeremy Phillipson." He didn't look up and pulled a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and slipped them on.

"Cool name." She said as she typed his name out in a message. "Where you from?"

"I lived in the outskirts of Brooklyn..." His head jerked up. "My mom! Where is my mom? And Renee! Is everything alright with Renee?"

Amelia tried her best to comfort the boy and assure him that all of his questions would be answered in time, as her wrist started to ring. She tapped on the monitor and smiled. "Commander."

Her wrist buzzed for a second. "Azzzlzza... Zzzrry Gizz zz a sezznd to just fizz this up... Are we good? I thinzzk so."

Amelia smiled as Jeremy put his head down again. "I can hear you."

"Is it really hizzzz Amelia?"

Amelia looked down at Jeremy, who was now looking back up at her a bit confused. "Yes, ma'am. Which means we may have the grounds for a solution to our problem?"

Jeremy stood up causing the three to jump and he took Amelia's arm. "Who is this? What is going on here?" He paused for a moment. "Natalie? Sam?"

The voice chuckled as a static burst from the communicator. "Unfortunately not, Jeremy. It's Anna. Anna Bianca-Perez."

Jeremy took off his glasses trying hard to remember. "A-Anna?" His eyes widened. "Anna?!"

Anna's voice crackled again as the signal faded. "Yezzzz Jeremy. We have a zzt to disczzzzz..."