You're Too Good for Him

Monday came out of nowhere and hit me like a train. I could barely sleep the night before, thoughts of everything running through my head.

Dominic slid into the seat beside me and wrapped an arm around me.

"Good morning." He said quietly against my hair.

"Good morning." I said back as I leaned against him. "I'm so tired."

"That makes two of us."

I grunted in response and snuggled closer to him, hearing a little kid say ew.

Dominics eyes snapped to the child, who was sitting in the seat in front of us on the left side of the bus. This kid caused frequent trouble and was totally in the wrong seat. He shrunk back, hiding behind his Nintendo 3ds.

"What are you playing?" He asked.

The kids eyes were wide, he was clearly scared.

"Mario Kart."

Dominic nodded and then turned back to me.

"Little fucker." He whispered and then cuddled back into me for the rest of the ride.

We walked through the hallway together, Dominic following me to my locker.

"Let me know if anyone gives you any shit, I swear."

Before he could finish Rosalie walked up.

He gave her a dark look.

"May I speak to Sakaya alone?"

His expression relaxed a little before looking to me. I nodded and he headed to his locker.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to." She began.

"Actually I can think of a few others who that description fits instead."

"I know that I helped pressure you do stuff and I just wanted to apologize. You don't have to forgive me but I want you to know that I am sorry. Rylie intimidated me quite a bit which is why I went along with things. I know that doesn't justify anything I've done but I really am sorry."

She paused, looking to her shoes in shame.

I nodded.

"I accept your apology."

She looked back up to me.

"Thank you Sakaya. For accepting my apology and for giving me the courage to stand up to Rylie."

I raised my eyebrow.

"You what?"

"After you left the dance Rylie was being mean about you and Dominic. I couldn't take it anymore so I just snapped. I told her to never speak to me again."

My ears had to be deceiving me, Rosalie always shied away from conflict, always.

"No way."

"Yes way. I called her a conniving bitch like you did and left. I walked home." She laughed. 

"Damn she got called a conniving bitch twice in one night. She better reassess."

"She won't, she doesn't care."

Dominic rejoined us, books in hand.

"I know. I don't think she gives a fuck about anyone but herself."

Dominic shifted slightly beside me.

"She only cares about herself." He said staring down the hallway.