1.You're Not Pretty Enough

I kept my head down as I climbed the stairs to the bus, careful not to look at anyone. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer and the second I was in my seat I laid my bag in front of me and rested my head against it, placing my arm in front of my face.

I could hear the kids talking loudly, some laughing, some yelling across the bus to each other. I could feel the bus rock as kids got on. I heard the bus start up and felt relieved, I would soon be home and could have some privacy.

All of a sudden I felt the seat sink down.

"So, how did it go?" I heard Dominic ask. "I'm sure he said yes."

A small sob racked through my body at the sound of his words.

"Oh shit." I heard him say and felt him scoot closer. "What happened?"

I didn't move, I continued to hide my face and sniffle silently.

I felt the bus slowly start to pull out of the parking space.

"Sakaya?" He asked quietly.

I sighed heavily and pulled my arm away from my face and leaned my head against the seat in front of me, facing him.

His green eyes were full of confusion and concern. He was hunched over so Tess couldn't see he was in the wrong seat.

"He said no." I managed to get out.

In an instant, Dominic has his arm around me.

"He said no?" He asked, sounding a bit irritated.

I nodded.

"He gave me a list."

"A list?"

"Yea, ten reasons why I'm not good enough."

He narrowed his eyes.

"Let me see that fucking thing." He growled.

I shook my head.

"I threw it away." I lied.

"What a disgusting asshole." He said while scrunching up his face. "I'm assuming you read it all?"

"Yea. The first reason was because I'm not pretty enough." I whispered.

He pulled me into a tight hug as I felt more tears fill my eyes.

"Apparently they made a list of all the girls in my class and I was fifth from the bottom." I added.

Dominic didn't say a word, he just held me tighter against him for a little bit. Once I had calmed down a bit I pulled away.

He kept his hands on my shoulders, looking directly into my eyes.

"Whatever he had on that list, don't listen to it. You can find someone better, who knows your worth."

All I did was nod.

Yea right, not with how ugly I was.

He looked up and noticed the bus was on his street.

"What's your phone number?" He asked as he pulled his phone out quickly. He tapped on the screen a few times and then looked at me expectantly.

"Why?"

"So if you need anything you can talk to me." He said like I was dense, maybe I was.

I gave it to him and watched him type.

The bus stopped in front of his house but he stayed seated a second, tapping away on his screen.

He locked his phone and pulled me into a quick hug.

10 Reasons Why I'm Not Good Enough :||: Yungbludजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें