Chapter 23

Ethan

Hey! How's the weather down there!"

The world swiveled around him as Ethan was pulled backwards by his backpack. It was Jim, the school's mascot and role model of 'what-not-to-be' and he fulfilled it pretty damn well.

"Rainy!" Ethan growled, as spat into the guy's face. His face scrunched up tightly as he raised a hand to wipe it. Ethan hated highschool. It's not like it took a detective to figure out why. And that idiot kept following him around like they were attached at the hip.

Ethan thought it might be a pathetic attempt at bullying him, although he wasn't sure, he'd never had a case of bullying before. Usually people left him alone, like he wanted. All it took was one good, swift, punch to the face and they got lost pretty quickly.

"Make yourself sparce Jim or I swear you'll regret it" Ethan scowled, cracking his knuckles, he looked up at Jim, meeting his eye."Or you'll what, shorty"

"Lowblow" someone whistled behind Ethan.

"No, this is a low blow!" Ethan smirked, using his short stature to his advantage, he ducked and punched him square in the dick. Briskly, he walked away as fast as he could while looking as inconspicuous as possible, before a teacher could see what happened.

 I am not getting caught again Ethan thought.

"Serves him right" somone said from behind. "Look, I don't need anyone tailing me" Ethan said, turning around "now get lost-"

His breath was stolen. It was Thomas. "Shit Tom, why you gotta sneak up on me like that." Ethan sighed. Thomas was Ethan's boyfriend. They'd been together since middle school. Although, they'd been really discrete about their relationship. People were unapproving, so they had no choice.

That being said, what it really was, was society. School, family, society. Thomas accepted him though, and he loved him, and that's all that mattered. Other people didn't matter. It was an Ethan and Thomas against the world kind of ordeal.

"Nice comeback, with that 'rainy' and then you spit on him!" he laughed hard, before offering his hand to him for a high five. Ethan slowly intertwine his fingers in his. Thomas smiled before releasing his hand. Of course, he's cautious.

"Hey Tom, we still hanging out after school?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah Eth, my place?"

"Yep" he replied.

The bell rang and he smiled, running a hand through his platinum blonde hair. He winked at Ethan before heading to his next class. God I love him Ethan smiled.

The bell rang. Everyone's dismissed; kids: sweaty and puberty striken flood the halls. Ethan headed towards the math lobby. There, waiting for him was Thomas. The two of them perform their daily routine. Thomas nodded at him and the two of them head for his car. An old, red Mustang. Ethan climbed in shotgun (his usual spot) and tossed his bag in the back seat. Thomas took his place behind the wheel and turned his gaze to him. While no one's looking, he grabbed Ethan's hand.

After the a short ride home, the two of them entered Thomas's house. His mom was home, his father wasn't, the usual. The pair headed upstairs, setting their bags in his room.