30 Days of Spooky Tales Prompt 24: Mute

"Why did you lock them in the underground room?" Maki snapped at her husband and glared at him

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Why did you lock them in the underground room?" Maki snapped at her husband and glared at him.

Maki, who had just returned from visiting her sick parents, was shocked when she heard children crying. She followed the sound and found the sound coming from the basement. However, when she trying to open the door, the door is locked.

"Have you forgotten?" Takuya looked at Maki, "How the children killed Kenta with their play. And how their parents defended their children and said that it was Kenta's fault. Because Kenta was mute." Takuya got up from his chair and approached Maki, "They left Kenta in the forest. Even though they knew Kenta couldn't speak. And they defeated him because they couldn't ask for help!"

Takuya grasped his wife's shoulders and looked at her gently. Maki just looked down. Of course, she would lie if she did not hold grudges against the children and their parents.

"How could I possibly let them grow up happy when Kenta could only be a child?"

Memories of the death of his beloved child returned in her memory. The memory made Maki's heart feel hot and she had difficulty breathing.

"You should close their mouths so they can't ask for help. Just like Kenta," Maki sighed and smiled.

***