Chapter 21

"Well, I realized the other day that we have been dating for almost a year now and we haven't even had an official date. So, if we can't go out and have dinner, we can stay in and have dinner."

"You are the sweetest guy I know." I said as I walked over to him and gave him a peck on the lips.

"I know." he smiled.

"So this is why they were acting so weird." I realized.

"Yeah, I told them to distract you while I got everything out." He replied.

After dinner, we were sitting on the couch and his arm was around me. I had my fingers intertwined with his and my head was resting on his chest.

"Do you ever think about your future?" I asked.

"Sometimes" he simply responded with a shrug.

"Am I in it?" I asked.

"I couldn't imagine it without you." He paused. "Am I in yours?"

"Of course. I see us getting married someday and adopting Kenna so that she can officially be ours."

"You would do that?" He interrupted. I sat up so I was looking at him.

"Of course, I love her like she is my own already. I would do anything for her." I replied.

"Wow" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I think if it's possible, I love you even more." He said. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I reached up and stroked his cheek before I leaned in and kissed him. I love him so much. He pulled away and stared into my eyes. He kissed me once more before asking, "So, what else do you see in our future?"

"Well, I see us giving Kenna some brothers and sisters. And of course we'll have a dog and now that I am so close to the boys, I want to live close to them so that our kids can have their uncles around." I put air quotes around the word uncles. Jason laughed at this.

I turned towards him and asked, "What do you see in our future?"

"I want everything you just said." he said as he gave me a smile.

After a couple of minutes of silence, I said," I love you."

"I love you too." He responded.

"Come on I'll help you wash the dishes and clean up." I said as I got off the couch. He got up and followed me to the dining room. He helped me clear the table and load the dishwasher.

"You wanna stay a little bit longer and have some dessert?" He asked as I was just finishing up.

"There's dessert?" I asked. I have a serious sweet tooth problem. He nodded as he pulled out a chocolate cake.

"Want to share a piece?" He asked.

My mouth was already watering. "Of course." I replied.

He cut a piece and put it on a plate and I got two forks. I took a bite and moaned. This is the best cake I have ever had. "Did you make this?" I asked. He nodded. "How have I never had this before?" I asked. He smiled and shrugged in response. I took another bite and moaned again. Jason's eyes darkened. "Stop that." He mumbled.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Stop moaning every time you take a bite." He replied.

"You mean like this?" I asked as I took another bite and did it again. He came so close to me our bodies were practically pushed against each other and whispered, "Stop it."

"Why?" I whispered. I felt something on my hip and realization washed over me. "Oh." I said with a smirk. His eyes darkened even more if that was even possible. Damn, he looked sexy when he did that. I closed the tiny gap between us and kissed him. I dropped my fork and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He took me upstairs and to his room. He laid me on the bed and before long, both of our shirts were laying on the floor next to his bed. He started playing with the waistband of my jeans. He stopped kissing me and looked at me asking if it was okay.

As much as I wanted this right now, I knew I wasn't ready for that big of a step. I always wanted to wait until I was married to have sex. "I can't, I'm sorry." I said.

"That's okay." He said and he pecked me on the lips before laying next to me. After a long silence, I asked, "Are you mad?"

"Of course not. I want you to be ready." He assured me.

"Thank you. For being so understanding." I replied. He kissed me on the forehead and pulled me closer to him.