Chapter 11

I woke up crying so hard, I was having trouble breathing. I tried to calm myself down, but I just kept crying. I walked over to Jason's door and cracked it open. He was sound asleep. I decided not to bother him. Just as I was about to leave, he said, "Maddie?"

"Yeah" I sniffled.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he sat up.

"Um not really" I started and the tears kept falling. "Do you think maybe I could sleep in here tonight?"

"Yeah come here." He said as he pulled the covers back. I got in his bed and he hugged me close to him. I cried for a while and he stroked my hair trying to comfort me and it was working.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"Waking you up and letting you see me like this. It's kind of embarrassing." I replied

"You have no reason to be embarrassed, all of this will stay between you and me. And for you, I'm always awake." He said.

A small smile reached my face.

"It's good to see you smile." He said.

"It feels good to smile." I replied before I snuggled into his comforting arms and fell asleep.

I woke up to a bare chest in my face. At first, I was a little freaked out, but everything that happened last night came back to me. I let my eyes close and I relaxed in his arms. I felt so safe whenever he was with me. He woke up and kissed my head. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you, for last night. You have no idea how much it helps." I whispered.

"Anytime." He smiled back.

We just laid in bed for a while before the door opened.

"Where is Mad-" Theo started, then he smirked "Oh" he said before he yelled out the door," Guys come look at this! Hurry!" I covered myself with the blankets hoping they wouldn't see me.

"What's up?" They said as they ran into the room.

"Oh, and who is that hiding under the blankets?" Carter asked. I could hear him getting closer. The blankets were ripped off me and I put a nervous smile on my face.

"Hi" I said.

"Oooohh!!!" They all yelled. Kenna came running into the room.

I got out of bed and said, "Come on Kenna, let's go get you dressed." I said as I picked her up and went to her room avoiding all eye contact as I walked past the boys.

Once Kenna was ready, we went downstairs so that I could start breakfast. Shoot it was 10:30, I slept in way longer than normal. I might as well start lunch instead.

After we ate lunch, we were hanging out in the living room and Jason was putting Kenna down for her nap. Carter looked over at me and raised his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked. No one had said anything more about this morning. I had a feeling that's what he was wondering about.

"So you and Jason huh?" He asked. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"No, not me and Jason. Nothing happened." I replied.

"But you like him don't you?" He asked.

I shrugged, "No"

"Liar!" He said. "It's written all over your face! You two look at each other like lovesick puppies."

"What? No, I don't!" I argued.

"Uh-huh, yeah, sure, ok." He said.

Jason and I have slept in the same bed two nights in a row and I sleep so much better with him next to me, but I don't want to make him uncomfortable by invading his space. I was laying in my bed when Jason knocked on the door and peeked his head in.

"Hey" He said.

"Hey" I replied

"You gonna be ok tonight?" He asked.

"Um yeah, I think so." I said.

"Ok because you know that you can just come sleep with me if you want." He said. "Don't let what happened with the boys this morning bother you, they're stupid." I felt like he wanted me to come with him. I debated in my head for a couple of seconds before I agreed.

We slept on opposite sides of the bed. I woke up at three a.m panting. I had another nightmare. When will these stupid things let me get a good night's sleep?

Jason sat up and said," Hey, you ok?"

"Yeah" I said as I tried to calm my breathing.

"He can't hurt you. At least not while we're around." He reassured me.

I nodded in response. "Come here." He said. I moved over to him and let him wrap his arms around me. I fell asleep not long after that and slept in. Again.