Chapter 2

I looked outside and saw two black escalades and not like "oh those are nice cars" more like "only really rich, scary people would drive that." I heard a bunch of banging around downstairs so I went down to see what was happening. I peeked around the corner of the stairs.

There were five men with guns in my living room and one of them was beating my dad. What do I do? Do I try to stop it? Then I could get myself killed. But what if they kill my dad? What will I do? I can't afford to live on my own. I'll have to live on the streets. I heard my dad groan, which brought my attention back to the scene unfolding in front of me. He noticed I was peeking around the stairs and waved his hand, telling me to get back. I ran up the stairs as quietly as I could. Okay, you're going to be fine. Your dad is going to be fine. Just do as he told you and find a hiding spot. The only spot I could think of was my closet. I piled blankets up and hid under them. Just sitting there was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

It seemed like an eternity later, that I heard footsteps. I was hoping and praying that it was my dad coming. I heard them open the closet doors but I stayed still. They kicked the blankets and I tried my hardest not to move. What if it wasn't him? He wouldn't kick me, would he? Then all of a sudden the blankets were thrown off of me. It took me a second for my eyes to adjust, but as soon as they did my heart dropped. It was not my dad, but a buff, mean-looking man. He smirked at me and grabbed my arm. He pulled me out of the closet and yelled "Boss!" Another man came up the stairs and he was even scarier than the first one. The first guy said," Look what I found hiding in her closet." The boss walked in a circle around me and examined me. When he finally spoke he said," This is a very nice find, Kyle." He smirked at me then grabbed my arm and drug me downstairs. "Move out!" He yelled and everyone filed out of the house. It was then that I saw my dad laying on the floor. His body was all bloody. Oh no. This is not happening. I screamed and jerked my arm out of the man's hold. I ran over to my dad and let the tears fall. "No. Daddy don't leave me." The man came over to me and tried to pick me up. I tried my best to fight back but it was no use. This man was huge. He swung me over his shoulder and I kept screaming. I was kicking and hitting his back trying to get him to let me go. I can't believe this. I have to get back to my dad. The man put me in the back of one of the cars and said," He's dead sweetheart." He smirked as he said it and I lunged towards him but he shut the door just in time. I curled up in a ball and cried until I had no tears left.