"There's a chance that someone was giving you doubles when you thought you were drinking singles."

"No, I knew I was drinking doubles."

"Maybe, they were more than doubles."

The drinks had tasted stronger than I thought but I watched the bar man make the first set and it didn't explain the hallucination of my stomach being cut open.

"The doctor says you are good to go. Just drink lots of water to dilute the alcohol and avoid a hangover." She smiled and nodded at the bottles, "Looks like you are in good hands."

"Thanks."

"Let's get you home."

I shook my head, "I don't want to be alone. Can't we go to yours?"

"Okay," He nodded.

We left the ward. Nate felt it was too late to call Tom so we got a taxi to his. I sat in the back with my head resting against his shoulder. I was tired and my heavy eyes kept dropping shut. The blurry lights looked beautiful as they shimmered across the ocean. The car followed the coast before heading towards town and Nate's house. I closed my eyes and relaxed. Nate paid the driver and helped me out, although I was feeling quite capable now. The fuzziness was pretty much gone. We went down the alleyway to the back gate. I still appreciated his support, the security of his arm around my wait.

"I've got you."

"I'm feeling better." I whispered.

"You do sound better."

I leaned against the fence while he reached over to unlock the gate. He then helped me into the summer house before returning to lock the gate.

I sat on the pull out bed, waiting for him. He brought blankets and a pint glass of water.

"You need to drink as much water as you can you flush the alcohol out."

"I didn't drink that much, " but my throat was dry so I welcomed the drink. I drained the glass in an instant.

"Kya!" Nate frowned and looked cross, "You're meant to take little sips, not massive gulps." He shook his head. He pulled out some bedding and pulled out the sofa bed for me to sleep on. It looked really inviting and I couldn't wait to get under the covers and sleep.

"Thanks," I whispered full of gratitude.

"Wait here," Nate instructed. He then left me alone in the summer house. I stood watching for him. My gaze raised to the starlit sky and I thought about how amazing Nate had been to me. I wish I could tell me friends about him. I wished they would be okay. Maybe we could have a real relationship, instead of this sneak secretive one that is complex and full of who is using who.

Nate returned and handed me a bundle of clothes and a towel, "Your dress felt wet, you can't sleep in that. I'm guessing you are about the same size as Fallon."

I gratefully accepted the pyjamas. I peeled off the wet dress and used the towel to dry my skin. My stomach looked perfect, I couldn't believe I hadn't been harmed.

The clean dry pyjamas felt good against my skin, like a hug. I could smell their washing powder and it made me think of Fallon. I wondered when the girls noticed I was gone and if she might be home by now. The nurse had said my drink possibly had more alcohol in and I barely touched it. I was sure when we left Ari with him, she had drunk the whole drink he had given her. I hoped Fallon had found her and she was safe.

"Done, " I announced to let Nate know it was safe to look.

He turned around and scowled, "Why weren't you with Fallon and Arizona. You're meant to stick together."