"You can take off," Nate said to Tom, "I can wait with her. They said there will be a bit of a wait."

"Thanks," Tom thanked Nate. "Call me later when you need a lift home."

Nate nodded and Tom left us sitting on the hard plastic chairs.

I shivered as I sat on the hard plastic chair and I needed the loo. I excused myself and headed to the toilets.

I looked at my hand. It had dried into dry red flakes that were crumbling off. The blood! You couldn't see it was blood on my dress as it was black but the rips were there. Nobody had noticed. I washed my hands in the warm water.

My dress was still damp. I moved the material, looking for the wound but I just found wet red, smudged across my skin. I clearly wasn't remembering things right. I was sure my attacked had cut me but now there was nothing there. My skin looked perfect. Maybe this wasn't even blood, just paint and he had been playing a prank. Why then, had the pain felt so real. Maybe I had been hallucinating and the guy wasn't even real. I was starting to believe more and more that my drink had been spiked. Maybe it was some odd revenge by Brad for lucking out with both my friends. I cleaned myself up in the sink. I splashed water on my dress to try and clean it the best I could whilst still wearing it. I returned to Nate and as the warm water on my dress cooled, I began to feel even more chilly.

They weren't kidding about the wait. Almost two hours later of being uncomfortable and trying to ignore all the other casualties coming through the door, we were called through.

The nurse asked me questions about what I had taken and drunk. She then asked if she could run a few tests and what she needed. I gave blood and urine samples. The nurse commended Nate for bringing me in, "You did the right thing. Some drugs are only in the system for 12 hours and if she has an adverse reaction then we would need to treat her."

We then had to wait for the results. We sat on a bed in a ward.

"How are you doing?" Nate asked.

"I'm feeling better."

"I meant about Jace?" Nate pushed. I fell silent. "Last time we saw him you took off and you haven't spoken to me again until now."

"He thinks there's something going on with us."

"Is he jealous?"

I shook my head. My eyes stung, "He doesn't want to know me."

"Is it true, Murray punched him."

I nodded.

"He says you lied about being pregnant."

My cheeks burned and my shoulders dropped. Jace was going to ruin that one good thing that had come out of our breakup. "Jace is a liar. He said he wasn't seeing Mariah and look how that turned out."

"True," Nate agreed with me.

"I'm so thirsty," I complained.

"I'll get you a drink."

Nate left and I felt stupid sitting on the bed. I no longer felt that ill. The curtain was around the bed but I could hear someone being sick and another patient calling out in pain. I wish they'd hurry up with my results so we could go. I really didn't want to stay the night here.

The nurse came back and told me the results had come back and they couldn't find any drugs in my system. Nate came round the curtain with two chilled bottles of water in his hand.

"Did you make it up?" He looked accusingly with me. I know the doubt was in his mind from the Jace thing. He no longer trusted me.

"No!" I was hurt. I thought he was on my side.