𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮 (Zᴀɴᴇ) «ᴄᴀғᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ» [Part 1]

When Zane heard about a new factory opeming in town, it was safe to say he was estatic. He made a point of visiting as soon as he got off of work. He figured it would make an excellent additon to his food blog.

The bell chimed and you poked your head out from behind the kitchen door. When you saw Zane, you walked to the register and smiled cheerfully.

"Welcome to The Rolling Scones cafe!" You chirped, admiring the customer's visible blue eye. He was a rather attractive person. "How may I help you?"

He was nodding along to the low-volume music coming from the bakery's speakers. The small space was decked out in Rolling Stones merchandise, as well as things from said band's era and bands similar to it.

"What's your best cupcake?" Zane asked, not especially loud or silent. Your eyes brightened, he noticed, as you began talking about each cupcake's special qualities.

"You strike me as the kind of person who would enjoy one of our sweeter cupcakes," you ventured after finishing your short explaination. "I believe you would best enjoy our 'Sweet Smile' cupcake, which is made with aged vanilla extract, pureed strawberries, strawberry buttercream, a pair of fondant lips in the shape of The Rolling Stones' logo. Recipe was made by moi!"

"That sounds amazing," Zane smiled, not that you could see. "I'll take one."

"Perfect! I have a batch that's being decorated by Cathy right now," you smiled. "In the meantime... we can chat! What's your name?"

"I'm Zane. And you're (Y/n)?" He read your nametag. You nodded.

"Yeah, pleasure," you held out your hand. He shook it.

"Pleasure's mine," he shook it.

3 Months later

"Hi Zane," you smiled at your crush. "The usual?"

He nodded happily and sat at a bar stool in front of the display shelf. You began chatting with him after telling Cathy to get a batch of his favorite cupcake ready.

You and Zane had been hanging out outside of the bakery. And you'd both been flirting mercilessly with each other. Not that either of you realized it yet.

"I'm just saying," you laughed. "You're sweeter than any cupcake in this bakery."

He shook his head, chuckling. "And I'm just saying," he grinned beneath his mask, "you're sweeter than me."

Cathy groaned from inside the kitchen after she dropped the tray of perfect cupcakes. "Sorry, (Y/n) and Zane! It's gonna be about an hour before I have another batch ready."

You and Zane looked at each other and laughed. "It's alright Cathy, you take over counter duty and I'll take Zane in the back to make a new batch."

You winked at Zane and noticed his eye gleaming with excitement. He'd been asking for weeks to bake with you, and now you had the perfect chance.

Cathy came over and took your spot at the counter. You grabbed Zane's hand and pulled him through to the kitchen.

"Get ready, because this is gonna get messy!"

word count: 501

Thank you for the votes awkward_writes ! it's appreciated :)