▪️ 10 ▪️

— Hajime's P.O.V.:

I hung up the phone just as Chiaki, Rantaro, and Kaede we're walking out of the shop.

"Hey guys, welcome back," I greeted the three of them and shoved my phone back in my pocket "I see you bought a case for your PSP, huh Chiaki?"

Chiaki nodded, "It looked interesting, I mean you usually don't see anybody having them. So I bought one."

"Yeah, let's hope you didn't buy it with my money that you'll occasionally steal from me," I chuckled.

"Hey! That was years ago when I would steal money from you!" Chiaki puffed her cheeks and pouted. "I don't do that anymore!"

"Yeah yeah," I smiled. "Anyways, what do you guys want to get to eat? I'm good with anything I guess."

"Me too!" Kaede chirped in. "I could go for anything in all honesty, it's whatever you guys want!"

Rantaro pointed behind him, towards the exit of the mall. "You know, there's a barbecue place across the street from here. If you guys want, we could go there."

"Sounds good to me," I slid my hands into my pockets as we all started walking towards the exit of the mall.

◼️ Time-skip

Chiaki and I arrived back home around 8 p.m. I was so exhausted from everything we did, I just wanted to lay in bed and fall asleep for 14 hours, though I knew I couldn't do it because I had to stay awake to talk to Komaeda.

Man, I hate time zones.

For the next hour, I laid in my bed doing nothing, scrolling through my social media, playing games, listening to music, or watching videos on my phone.

Chiaki eventually walked into my room, "Hey, Hajime," She started. "Dad should be home soon I think, you should shower or something. He suggested we should all watch a movie together in the living room."

I looked over at Chiaki and got up from my bed, "Yeah, I guess I will. I feel like shit anyways."

I knew Chiaki didn't like it when I cursed. She would usually give me a death glare if I was looking directly at her. She did that this time of course, but immediately took a breath and shrugged it off. "You know, Hajime, you should curse less. Especially at school, you've got quite the reputation as a foul mouthed kid."

"I'm not a kid anymore, Chiaki," I got up and walked to my closet. "I turn 18 in January."

"And until then I still have the right to call you a kid," Chiaki walked out of my room. "There's still some hot water in there, don't worry I didn't use it all." I sighed, grabbing some "pajamas" from my closet.

There's nothing else to say really, I took a shower and that was about it.

Though, I can say I didn't feel like staying home. So, I simply changed into some different clothes and walked downstairs.

"Where are you off to?" Chiaki was playing some game on her PSP in the living room. "Dad's supposed to be home soon, you know?"

"You're starting to sound like somebody's dad, or since you're a female I should say you're starting to sound like somebody's overprotective mother," I shot back. "Where I'm going is none of your business, I don't care if Dad is going to be home soon I just need to get out of here!" I walked out the front door.

I sounded rude towards Chiaki, I didn't mean to. I don't know why I did. I hope she understood that I needed to get out for a bit, by myself with no Chiaki, no Rantaro. Just myself.

I walked along the sidewalk, I didn't have a clue where I was going. Maybe just a simple walk would be nice. Let's just hope that if I did get lost I had my phone so I could get some directions back home, maybe my keys would be nice too. I put my hands in my pockets, expecting to find my phone or my keys.

Shit! They aren't here! I yelled at myself, well through my mind of course. I did that thing where you know what you're looking for is not in your pockets but you keep looking, similar to when you're looking for food in your refrigerator but nothing's there but yet you still keep looking.

"Let's just hope I get back at a decent time and I know my way back," I sighed, continuing my walk.

— Chiaki's P.O.V

I was kind of shocked when Hajime gave me a bit of an attitude, he normally doesn't come off as rude or anything like that. Though, I knew he wanted some time out by himself so I wasn't going to get up and run out the door for him, besides I was comfortable on the couch curled up with my PSP.

Not too long after Hajime left, Dad came home. "Hey, Chiaki!" He greeted me as he took off his shoes at the front door, giving his usual smile. I gave him a small wave. "Still on that video game, aren't you?" I nodded.

"Do you know where Hajime is?" He asked. "I need to talk to him about something important. It can wait but I'd figure I'd tell him now."

Although I wanted to tell him where Hajime ran off to, I simply didn't know and I didn't want Dad driving off to find Hajime, I don't think Hajime would want that either. I sighed and shook my head, "What do you need to tell him? I'm a bit curious now that you brought it up."

Dad just sighed and sat down on the couch next to me. "There's a small possibility we could move back to Japan. I'm told I'm needed over there at my job's other location and I honestly don't feel like taking a long business trip and leaving you guys behind for a while. Besides, if we do move back I'll get home at a decent time and I'll get to spend more time with you and Hajime! Besides, I'm sure you guys miss Japan too, don't you?"