Nine

WARNING: SELF-HARM

If any of you get triggered in situations or scenes like this, I highly suggest that you skip over that part.

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ ꧂
sᴍᴇʟʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏ+

It's gonna be alright, Paris. I promise.

     PARIS LOOKS DOWN to the ground as she listens to the voice inside of her head. It was in the sound of her voice, but what it's saying is outrageous. Crazy, even. But Paris couldn't do anything but obey.

She glances at the people around her before she spoke. "I have to go home." She said with a monotone voice and a furrowed eyebrows.

Each and every one of them notices the change of her mood but none of them questions it because they only thought that she needed time to absorb everything since what she found out isn't really normal.

"Okay, I'll take you home before I go to my night shift at the hospital." Meredith offered, but Paris quickly refused.

"No, it's okay. I'll see you later." Paris said. Before Meredith or any of them say otherwise, Paris stands and heads towards the front door. She brings out her car keys and opens the driver's seat before she starts the engine.

The drive from the Salvatore House to her house took a couple of minutes before she finally arrived. Throughout the quick drive, Paris thought of nothing but the same thing that the voice inside her head kept repeating.

From the outside, she looks fine and calm. But from the inside, she's quaking with fear. She's aware of what her mind is telling her and yet she can't make herself disobey. It's like she's trapped inside a shell of what looks like her body.

Do it.

Her voice inside her head said. She keeps screaming internally, saying no repeatedly, but the voice is too strong. The last time she felt like she has no control over herself was when she was compelled by Damon to always go to the Wickery Bridge.

And that's it. That's all she needed to know to figure out what's happening to her. But she knows that Damon wouldn't let her do this. Although she can think of someone who is more than willing to see her suffer.

She struggles to fight herself and only manages to make a tear escape from her eye, but still maintaining a straight face as she walks up the stairs to her bedroom.

Do it.

The voice repeated again.

She finally reaches her bedroom and she immediately makes her way to her study table. She pulls out her drawer to take out something and it happens to be a cutter.