dark nights with the moon

⚠️caution! this oneshot has a theme of depresion and suicide! DO NOT READ if this is triggering ⚠️

My thoughts often stay within me in the day and come howling out the night. The screams that are locked in a cage of the light are released into the wild at twilight, thrashing and faltering. The voices begging for help hide in the smiles of the radiant sunlight turn into the frosted tears of the midnight sorrow.

Then... there is the moon.

Her beautiful light of the night reflects the simple hope of I keep in. Her illuminating shine gives me the strength to go on, her smile, her laugh. The voice of hope, the voice of reason. She unknowingly brushes my tears away with her slender hands and holds me into her arms for which I think of everything, and her of nothing.

But tonight, and tomorrow, and for the rest of these shadowy evenings, the moon will longer smile at me from the clouds of the sky. No... she has retreated, abandoned, and took the jewel of hope with her.  She has taken with her the sun. She has left me in the dark. Forever and forever, the light that was purely given is now taken away.

And so, I take the silver barrel stoically and place it by my head softly. I close my eyes and let the frosted tears of midnight sorrow be replaced by the chilled rain of a cloudy day.

Click.

🌙🌙🌙

11 - 1 - 19 

sweet dreams.

- alix remn