A Crazy Thought

She had to find her. There was no doubt about it. She had to find her mum.

"JOCELYN!" she heard Sebastian shout to her. But she couldn't look back and see his face. She couldn't look back and let him convince her to go back up the fire escape. Her mind was telling her that this was crazy, to turn back, stay with Sebastian and let the Fae Court find her mum. But her heart told her, her mum was out there, captured and in need of help.......... and her heart sang louder.

Jocelyn was almost at the bottom off the fire escape. Her jacket was wrapped around her and her bag was light on her back. As she ran down the last few steps, she could feel the knife inside her jacket and the spell book in the back pocket of her jeans. Her boot sole hit the pavement and she sprinted down the alley way out onto the street, she didn't know if Sebastian had followed her, either way she wouldn't be able to tell, he had training she didn't.

She jogged down the street and tried to act as casual as possible. She looked down at her watch, it was almost one in the morning. The sky was still dark and there were few people on the streets at this time, so it would be harder to blend in or lose anyone in a crowd. She made her way towards the edge of town, towards Dark Fae territory, that's most likely where they'd be keeping her mother.......... or at least Jocelyn hoped so.

She had to admit that she hadn't given this much thought, but it was a starting point none the less. She'd met Dark Fae before, some weren't the nicest people she'd ever met, others were genuinely kind but weren't people you wanted too hang around for too long. Jocelyn was confident she could handle herself. The plan was to first find her mum and then see if it was possible to free her, with a one man army.

Jocelyn turned a corner and kept jogging, she was a considerable distance away from The White Rose now. She crossed a road, slowed down to a walk and pulled out a dark blue beanie from her bag. She pulled it on, while making sure all of her hair was tucked inside. That would at least by her some time before Sebastian caught up to her, if he couldn't recognize her straight away. She continued to walk, feeling quite vulnerable.

                                                                 .                    .                    .

A half hour of walking brought her to a darker part of town. The neighbourhood was made to look less welcoming than the rest of town to steer mortals away from the Fae who just wanted to be left alone, or Fae who could harm them. Especially Dark Fae vampires, they tend to live in the more up-market parts of town to invite people in and...... well Light Fae vamps tend to stay away from mortals and learn to control themselves. 

Jocelyn noticed how the buildings seemed to loom over her as if they were about to suddenly  crumble and fall on top of her. She pushed aside the sudden feeling of how she was alone and walked hastily down one of the streets. The pavement was cracked in places and from those cracks sprouted weeds and grass, she looked down at them as she walked. Keeping her head down was to make sure she didn't attract to much attention. To make sure she faded from peoples memories as fast as she appeared in them.

She turned, down a narrow gap between two buildings and stopped halfway. She removed the beanie she was wearing and let her hair fall around her shoulders. She walked through the gap and came out onto the street on the other side. She stopped for a moment and examined the street. Was she going the right way? She thought so...... she just had to find the correct street. A street sign caught her eye and it read: Collin way st.

She smiled a little, the warehouse was a few blocks away. She'd picked it just before she left, that's where she would start looking. Jocelyn made her way down the street and in the direction of the warehouse. As she walked she got the strange feeling she was being watched. But when she looked she looked around she saw no one.

The dagger in her pocket was a reassuring weight.

Suddenly she heard something above her. A sound like wire being lowered. She felt and arm wrap around her waist, and before she could react she was being lifted into the air. She gave out a yelp and looked to she her captor, it was a boy around her age with blonde and black striped hair, he was obviously Fairfolk. He smiled down at her as she struggled.

"Good morning." and then his fist meet her face and everything went black.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Thank you for reading! I hoped you liked this chapter and  if you did then please vote and comment!

<3 Sazninjacookie