Chapter 12

I sat in my room doodling endless pictures picturing perfect scenarios where everything in the world was perfectly fine. Paint and pencils scattered the floor along with the more crumpled up sheets of paper rather than ones I was actually pleased with. To an outsider it most likely looked like a mess but it made sense to me and brought comfort. The escape of drawing was something that I always used at home. If it was a long hard night with my mom, I went to my room and drew. I would draw anything really; maybe a face, or a scene, or an animal, or just a random design. It held limitless opportunities to capture moments from your head.

It began to get dark so i made my way out. I threw on a jacket and slipped on some boots. The night had come quickly and I was thankful for it. I was going back home for a bit to see if I could find anything at all. I shut the door as quietly as I could in efforts not to wake anyone. I got in the car and turned on the lights to see a figure standing there. I screamed at the top of my lungs as they ran to the door. To my surprise it was Blake. Catching my breath, I let him in. I playfully punched his tuff arm and scolded him for the scare.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled.

"I could ask you the very same thing....!"

"I'm going home to see if there's anything there."

"You know it's closed off with caution tape right?"

"And I should care why?"

"Alright lets go."

"Wait you're coming?"

"Of course. I'm not going to let you go alone..."

Leaving it at that we drove away in the night. I had to help guide him to my house but it was mostly a straight on shot. When we got there I couldn't of prepped myself of the sight of our house taped off. I got out slowly and gazed. The house seemed so alien to me now and this is where I spent most of my life growing up.

I stepped inside the house and had to watch my step because of the tape. Everything looked so peaceful. Brushing my hand along the railing I went up the stairs, Blake in trail. I turned the knob to my old room and stepped inside. It was exactly the same as i had left it except for one part. The mirror that stood in my room was broken. A shard of glass was lying on the floor and my reflection stared back at me. I picked it up and studied it. The police said that there was no sign of intrusion but they said nothing of this. Had they seen it? I looked for any other signs but found nothing.

"Who's in here?!" A strange voice yelled from below. A flashlight lit up the stairs and I shoved Blake and I into the nearest closet. Our breathing sounded louder than ever compared to the silence of wait. We waited and waited until we were in the clear. We ran outside and saw the officer and ran like there was no tomorrow. We left the car for the woods. hand in hand we sprinted and tripped occasionally. Once far enough we collapsed on the forest floor and laughed. I began crying I was laughing so hard and turned to look at him. His smile was lighting up the night and his eyes sent chills down my spine. He turned himself towards me and kissed me ever so slightly on the lips. I looked into his eyes and knew that we were going to figure this out, together.

The night caught up with us and childly we fell asleep outside. The sun woke us both with a startle. 6 missed phone calls on both our phones from his mom made us realize we were in trouble. The car flew through the town like a spaceship. We got to his house in record time with dirt still in our hair. The look on his mother's face is one I won't forget. She was trying to stay serious but the sight of us made her do nothing less but laugh.

"Go take showers you two. You look a mess."

Laughing we looked to each other and went upstairs to clean up. In all the moments I was in complete bliss being next to him and having a partner by my side.