Chapter 8 The man with the orange hair

Lysandre so that was his name. First impressions: don't like him. He had an eerie aura about him. How Sycamore knew him was a question within a couple other generations of questions.

He stared at Hannah. She didn't break her gaze. She grabbed her fork and shoveled a ration of bacon in to her mouth. This made him stop staring. He stared at Gary. He was too content eating 5 crumpets to even know he was staring. Hannah poured herself some tea then some for Gary. "So…" Hannah tried to break the silence. So she eat another crumpet and a some more bacon. Gary had already started on seconds. She looked up to the top of the table her father had grabbed a bit more than Lysandre. Sycamore tried to break the ice "So Lysandre tell the children a bit about yourself"

"Well I'm a business man. I've made many inventions such as the holocaster among over products."

"The holo what?" Gary and Hannah both asked in unison both with a different array of food in their mouths.

"Empty you mouths then ask didn't your parents ever teach you any better?"Lysandre already hated the children. But he agreed it was worth coming, it was observing first rather than going in blind. Hannah rolled her eyes and swallowed the black pudding. Gary didn't care so continued to eat. "That holo what?" Hannah asked again.

"You haven't heard of the holocaster?"

Hannah shook her head.

"Lysandre, Hannah's from Sinnoh and Gary's from Kanto they wouldn't know"

Lysandre sighed everything he learned about the children made him despise them even more. "The Holocaster is a device that allows people to communicate through holograms."

"That's cool" Gary said with only a small piece of toast in his mouth.

"For fucks sake close your mouth or empty it"Lysandre told Gary. "Didn't your parents teach you any better?"

Gary stared at him "Sir my parents died in a car crash when I was 2. I'm an orphan"

"Your bullshitting me"

"Sir. With all do respect I am an orphan"

You could tell this was a topic that hurt Gary very much or it looked like it at until he put some scrambled eggs in his mouth.

"Then who raised you?"

"My grandfather raised my older sister and me"

Silence fell again.

"So Lysandre have you gotten any better and pokemon training?" Sycamore asked

Lysandre shook his head.

"That's a shame because you could have had a battle with the children. They're really good!"

"I doubt it" Lysandre whispered.

Sycamore heard "Oh no really Hannah's champion of Sinnoh and Gary is champion of Kanto and Johto"

"How is that kid the champion of Kanto and Johto?"

"Well I thought that but apparently the Indigo League is for Kanto and Johto"

That wasn't what Lysandre meant.

Gary had taken no interest as had just helped himself to a pancake and a waffle. The waffle had a mint chocolate ice cream on top and the pancake had been smothered in Maple syrup. Gary offered Hannah a waffle. She took a waffle and out a scoop of Cookie dough ice cream on the waffle. "So dad what are you doing today?"Hannah asked.

"Well the students and I are going to tend to the pokemon into the sanctuary. We are going to try some new herbal remedies"

"Hey could you two have a heated battle and let us try some remedies on your pokemon"