F O U R T E E N

The sounds of crickets and metal clanging echoed throughout the dark alley as the two boys walked through. Yet the air felt tense. Sam was basically clinging onto Colby as they walked, feared for his life that could be in potential danger.

And as he thought, it was. A loud metal bang boomed through the air as figures dropped down from separate balconies connected to the large alley walls, trapping the two in between the two ends of the alley.

'The Russets' Was all Colby thought. The Russets were a dangerous gang that had previously crossed paths with the red-tipped brunette. He was young at the time. The gang had taken him in and raised him for a few years, until he escaped.

They forced Colby to kill his first victim and so many more after that. And he hated it. So he ran away until Elton had taken him in and raised him to be the person he is now. A criminal. Colby had gotten used to it by time but the poverty and lust for life had gotten the best of him.

So he became a rapist, a kidnapper, and a killer. Colby regretted it all and wanted to get back on the right path so he did just that. Yet his former gang (The Russets) had wanted revenge for his betrayal. And here they are.

A terrified gasp escaped Sam's lips once he was snatched away and thrown to one of the other gang members with a knife to his throat. His fists clenching in anger, Colby tried holding a calm composure, knowing not only he, but also Sam would be dead if he didn't.

"Well, well, well. Cole Robert Brock." A taunting voice spoke as slow claps were heard after every spoken word. "My good friend and companion. Oh how've grown you are." Spoke Alcazie (al-ca-z-eye), the cruel gang leader that had taken Colby in from the start.

"You're such a handsome boy." Alcazie grinned, grabbing Colby's jaw as he tilted the brunette's face in amusement. "What a shame it was to have you out and away." He continued, pushing away and circling the younger brunette.

Colby's heart beat faster by the second. As pathetic as that sounds, he was scared. The older was much more experienced and done the worst of crimes. For one, he had murdered his own parents at the age of seven.

"But wait, you left." Alcazie growled, his eyes dark and his hand gripping the other's jaw in harshness. "I left for a reason Alcazie-" "For what reason!?" He sneered, cutting Colby off.

Returning to his calm self, Alcazie walked over to Sam. Here, Sam's heart almost beat out of his chest. The boy was terrified. The man seemed like a bipolar maniac. Who knew what he thought.

"And who are you, darling?" He grinned, caressing Sam's jaw with his rough fingers. Sam closed his eyes in fear as he shook in the arms of one of the gang members that held him. "Don't touch him Alcazie!" Colby suddenly boomed, his teeth grit together and his fists clenched with anger.

The man stood still, back faced to the brunette with a horrific grin plastering his face. "It seems, like you've forgotten your rightful place." Alcazie began as he paced around, rubbing his hands against each other.

"You were stranded on the streets. Cold and vulnerable. You were alone. Scared and pathetic. And you were useless." He spat, now circling around Colby. "Until I took you in." He sneered and a gasp escaped the brunette's lips, his eyes slowly turning pale.

"No!" Sam screamed, horror evident in his voice as blood flowed from Colby's stomach. He got stabbed. A painful screech escaped the brunette as the man twisted the knife stabbed into the brunette and causing twice the pain-filled damage.

Tears streamed down the blond's face as he struggled to get free. He needed to get to Colby. And he needed to get to him fast..

671 words