01 | 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶

Start from the beginning

She was dressed like her sister wearing a plain white tee with a gold rose pendant resting right above their chests. From below she wore dark blue jeans, black converse with a couple of rings on both hands.

I, on the other hand, decided to fluff my afro a bit, did my edges and left a braid on either side with a wooden bead on either one. I usually like to dress somewhat similar to the girls, choosing to wear an all-dark jean fit with a white tee and black converse. 

I wore the same gold rose pendant, gold hoop earrings and a thin gold link bracelet that had a charm with the letter L engraved on it.

"Mmm," Penelope hums, fixing the backpack strap hung over her left shoulder. "I don't care." She states with a one-sided shrug, clearly unbothered.

"I knew you'd say that." Rosa scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Cause it's the truth, I don't."

"But you're not even a little worried?"

Penny huffs, "No, Rosa, I'm not."

"Why is that? Has your heart gone that cold that you can't even feel sorry for him?"

"Let's not even go there." Penny declines, gazing back at her, "That man treated us like shit and you think I care? The fact that you're so concerned for that man, concerns me." 

We continued walking till we got to the stoplight waiting patiently for it to change. Penny didn't want to speak on the conversation as it was an irrelevant topic but Rosa kept poking.

"Well, he's my dad, Penelope, what do you expect? We're family."

Penelope nearly laughed, humorlessly shaking her head. "He's not my family." She says, "I wouldn't claim that man even if my life depended on it."

Rosa frowned at the way she said it so heartlessly. Part of her understood Penny's disdain for their father, considering everything he did to them一 especially Rosa, and knowing they never got along with each other一 but she wished Penny wasn't so emotionally disconnected from him.

He was still her father whether she liked it or not and showing just a little sympathy wouldn't hurt anyone. "Look, had we stayed any longer in that damn house we would've been driven to insanity. Understand Rosa, you do realize had we stayed in that house we wouldn't have been given the chance to go to school? He would have prepared us for marriage, like he's always have been, arranging our whole future just so he could get lucky with rich man money?"

"I mean...I guess but...what if he would have changed his mind? Then what?"

Penny scoffed looking at her in shock, "You have too much faith in that man, Rosalie." She said disappointingly.

"Think about it, Penelope, had dad found out about mom leaving him because we weren't going to school you think he would've changed his mind just so he wouldn't lose us? You don't think he would've made an effort?"

"No, not even the slightest. He's not that easy."

Rosa huffs, her hands closing in fits as she walks a little faster ahead of me. "Hey, Rosa, don't 一" I try, but she persists.

"What if he tries to find us?"

"He won't." Penelope pressed.

"But what if he does? Then what are we gonna do? Drive another 17 hours into hiding till he stops searching?" Rosa asks apprehensively, looking at the side of her sister's stone cold face to notice how her patience was starting to wear thin, "you know how crazy dad is! He will try any and everything in his power to ruin this opportunity for us. You remember that one time when mama tried to put us in ballet classes and Daddy nearly flipped his lid? ー canceled our membership and cussed mama out for not even considering consulting with him first?"