01 | 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶

01 | 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶 - SEPTEMBER 12TH, 1989

01 | 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶 -
SEPTEMBER 12TH, 1989

     WHY are you cheesing so damn hard?" A feminine voice asks from behind.

My smile grew wider, relishing in mother nature's beauty as I walked ahead of the twins. Beneath the huge tree it swayed its green leaves through the warm September wind catching my attention and reaching up to pluck one.

"Because," I turned to Penelope looking at me weirdly, her hands slid into the pockets of her pants as she continued at a normal pace beside her sister. "It's our first day of school and I'm excited, aren't you?'' I said obviously, mindlessly walking backwards with caution.

As I was twirling the leaf between my finger and thumb enjoying its pretty viridescent color in the sunlight. I noticed her coming closer, taking the leaf from my fingers, chuckling "I am, but it's just school." She says in thought, "I mean...I look forward to making friends, but other than that..." her shoulders shrug, looking at the leaf for a second before glancing at me and slides the leaf down my face playfully. 

"I'm more happy to be finally out of that damn house." With that she allows the wind to take the leaf away before walking ahead of us. I observed as it floated in the wind for a moment, doing a little twirl of its own before landing on the street somewhere for a car to run it over. 

I hummed in thought, I couldn't disagree with her even if the truth was in the pudding. That house was a nightmare, a place none of us wanted to go back to. Deep down I wondered if we made the right choice or if this was a grave mistake.

"How do you think dad feels?"

There was a moment of silence between us, our eyes wandering at the stores on our right side, examining the little plaza known as Eden's town square held small shops, diners, beauty supply store, hair and nail salons and other things.

We haven't had the chance to explore outside of the plaza, but so far everything seemed nice, we were all warming up to the area but someone in particular was having a hard time getting used to the environment and the fact that we were far away from what we used to call 'home'.

Penelope looked ahead with grimace at the thought. We could all imagine what he was doing right now. What he might be thinking or feeling. 

I didn’t wish to dwell on it but knowing Rosa, it haunted her to the core, mainly because she was scared. "Probably five cigarettes and two beer bottles in, pissing in his damn chair right about now." She murmurs, holding two fingers up.

Rosa hummed looking over at the bustling main road, blaring cars and yelling for drivers to move sounded similar to a lively rock band blaring its music through a pair of speakers of a night bar. 

The noise felt chaotic, yet she chose to ignore it and looked at the back of her head. "I'm worried about him..." she confessed, brushing away a few strands behind her ear, surprised that she settled with a bun but understands she didn't want to deal with it today. Not minding that a few strands were left out.