CHAPTER 12

Shane's POV:

When I got to know that Emma can't talk but seeing how she is happy with her life or how she embraced the fact it made me admire her.

"I admire your courage for being strong and accepting about it" I told Emma how I feel because it felt like she should know how strong she is and not get into what others think if the time comes.

After that Mark came and took our orders.

The whole time I was watching Maya and the way she treats Emma with such affection made me interested in her more.

She looked up after ordering and our eyes met for a second I forgot where I was by looking at those beautiful eyes which are full of life.

She broke the eye contact when Emma called her.

Emma was asking something in sign language and she replied to whatever it was. I even saw her glaring at her to which Emma laughed.

But I feel like I knew Emma from somewhere and I couldn't exactly pinpoint it.

So I decided to ask her the same question because I don't like things to be left out without having a proper clarification.

"Emma do I know you from somewhere? I feel like I saw you before" I told her grabbing both her and Maya's attention from their conversation.

She said something in a sign language to which I looked at Maya for explanation.

But Maya told something back to her in the sign language to which she nodded.

I was still looking at Maya for explanation when she turned to me and said "She is saying that she has no idea but she would have remembered if she met you"

"Really? That's what she said or are you changing her answer" I asked her in a teasing tone to which she looked shocked.

"Chill Maya I was just kidding" I said to her seeing her expression to which she gave out a relieved sigh.

After that we just spent more time and we left from there.

At home I am scrolling through Instagram when I got a notification that I was tagged in a picture.

When I checked to see what it was Kerry posted a picture of all of us in her account from today.

I maintain two accounts in IG where one is personal and the other is public like all the other people from our gang.

Kerry posted this picture in her private account tagging all our private accounts in it. When I touched the tagged people symbol even Maya's account popped up.

I hesitated before clicking on her account but went with it. As expected it was a private account.

When I was debating whether to send her a follow request or not as you all know I am the Shane Mathews I would never send a request first to anyone when Snoopy my German decided it was right time to climb on me which resulted in me pressing the button accidentally.

I thought of removing the request but something inside me said to leave it.

I left my phone aside and was playing with Snoopy when "Ping!" I got a notification when I checked it was in IG that Maya accepted my follow request.

"Ping!" There was another notification which read I got a follow request from her at the same time I heard a knock on my door.

It was my mom asking me to join the dinner. So I left keeping my phone to charge.