Chapter 5. New Life, New Me

"She been out for 2 days now."
          I heard someone say. "When will she wake?" It was Edward, he sounds so sad. "I am." He then said. "Wait, Kiera?"

Edward POV.

"He sounds so sad."
          I heard someone say.
          "I am."
          I said out loud, then I realised who said it. "Wait, Kiera?" I asked confused.
          "Edward, what is it?"
          Carlisle asked me.
          "I just heard Kiera's thoughts, she said I sounded sad."
          "If you can hear her thoughts then it means she will be waking soon."
          Andy said to me. Carlisle's phone rang so he went out of the room to take it. So that just left me and Andy in Kiera's room.
          "I hate playing the waiting game."
          I sighed, not knowing what to do.
          "Me too, but hopefully we won't have to wait for much longer."
          Andy replied. Just then Kiera's hand started to move.

Kieras POV.

I don't know how long I have been laying down for but it sure does feel like ages. At least I have had Andy and Edwards company and have been able to listen to them talk. Just then my hand moved. Wait, what was that? Then the doorbell rang.

Edward's POV.

"Edward, we're all going away for a little bit, I want you and Andy to stay here and look after Kiera whilst we are gone."
          Carlisle said to me whilst putting on his coat. "Oh and answer the door." I headed downstairs to see Erica standing on the front porch. I opened the door and walked out to her.
          "Erica! What are you doing here?."
          "Well my folks are out of town, so I thought i'de come see you."
          "Well right now's not really the best time, you see my youngest sister, Kiera, is sick at the moment and i'm taking care of her whilst the rest of my family are away."
          "Oh thats fine, I won't be long, if you want i'll work up a remedy for her, my nan was a wartime nurse and has taught me a few things."
          She said to me walking into the house. Erica made her way to the kitchen and stated rooting through all the cupboards looking for what she needed. So much for getting rid of her, this isn't going to go well.I sighed then went into the kitchen to see what Erica was doing.
          "You know your kitchen is really tidy considering how many of you live in this house.
          "Ye well we are all kinda of neat freaks, so you know how that turns out."
          Just thenAndy walked in. I really hope he isn't about to say that Kiera is awake.
          "Hey Edward, Kiera's muttering words in her sleep."
          I heard Andy say as he was walking down the stairs. Well at least there won't be any blood spilt yet.
          "Who's this?"
          He asked when he walked into the kitchen.
          "Andy, this is my friend Erica. Erica, this is my cousin Andy."
          "Hi nice to meet you."
          Andy said holding out his hand.
          "You too."
          Erica replied with a smile. "Well i'll get on with this remedy whilst you check on Kiera." Me and Andy walked into the front room to talk in private.
          "She keeps muttering your name, over and over, I think she wants you."
          "Ok, i'll go check on her, you keep Erica company."
          I walked upstairs and Andy walked into the kitchen. I really do wonder what is going through Kiera's mind at the moment.

Andy's POV.

I have no idea what I am doing. I don't really talk to humans that often, so it's really hard for me to control my thirst. But I have to, for Edward.
          "Hey Erica, Edward had to go and check on Kiera, but if you need a hand i'm happy to help."
          "Thanks Andy, but I think i'll be fine."
          Erica replied smiling. "Ow!"
          "You ok?"
          "Ye it's just a little cut."
          Oh no, here it comes, the uncontrollable thirst, I have to get Edward down here before it's too late. Think loud, think loud, think loud.

Edward's POV.

Wow Andy's thoughts are loud, wait that doesn't sound good: Erica, cut, blood, uncontrollable. I'd better go down there. I went back downstairs, Kiera seemed fine anyway.
          "Hey Erica, are you all right?"
          I walked back into the kitchen, acting casual and holding my breath.
          "Ye i'm fine, I just got a little cut that's all."
          "Andy, why don't you keep watch Kiera whilst I sort out Erica's hand."
          I watched as Andy walked away, clearly thankful he didn't have to stay here any longer. I then walked over to Erica with a tea towel and helped her to clean up the blood before putting a plaster over her cut.
          "Are you sure you're ok?"
          "Yes Edward, i'm fine."
          She smiled sweetly before continuing with her nan's remedy.

Andy's POV.

I walked upstairs and into Kiera's room, just as her eyes fluttered open.
          "What is that amazing smell?"
          She asked me. Oh no, that'll be the blood.
          "Kiera, whatever you do, do not follow that smell."
          I said to her, but it was too late she was already out the door and down the stairs.

Kiera's POV.

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing I smelt was a sweet, sort of metallic smell.
          "What is that amazing smell?"
          I asked Andy who was standing in the doorway. He had great worry on his face as he was thinking of what to say.
          "Kiera whatever you do, do not follow that smell." He said to me, but it was just calling to me and I had to follow. So I sped out the door and down the stairs.