Chapter 9. Back to Square One

Turns out Billys Family were away for the weekend so he was home alone; he was happy for me to stay at his for the night so I wasn't stuck out on the streets. We spent most of the night curled up on his sofa watching films until eventually I drifted off to sleep in his arms.
The next morning I woke up in an unfamiliar room, I was alone.
          "Billy?" I called. I didn't hear a reply so I got up and headed downstairs. "Billy, are you there?"
          "In the kitchen!" He shouted out to me. I walked in and he was cooking eggs and bacon, he also had toast and cereal. 
          "Wow!" My mouth dropped at the sight. "Do you do this for every girl that stays the night?" I asked with a smirk on my face.
          "No!" He sounded very defensive. "You're actually the... uh... first girl i've had stay over..." He trailed off, clearly embarrassed. "I don't have much luck with girls, there's just something about me they don't like." He looked sad as he said this but I actually felt glad because otherwise I might not have met him. 
          "Well i'm glad about that." I smiled at him but he was obviously confused about my comment and didn't understand where I was going. "Because if they did like you then it meant I wouldn't have met the man of my dreams and fallen in love with him at first sight." I grinned at him, hoping he understood. He did because he walked over and picked me up embracing me in a warm hug. I had never felt safer than when I was in his arms. All of my worries and problems just melted away, I forgot about being a vampire and about Erica; all my negative thoughts had disappeared, he was my night in shinning armour and I wasn't going to let him go.
          He served up the food and i ate a very small amount before saying I was feeling hungry, he just smiled and said it was ok then finished it off for me, for a skinny boy he sure does eat a lot. 
          "What do you want to do today?" Billy asked as he was clearing the plates away.
          "Show me around a bit, what are some great sights to see here?" I was a tourist so of course I was going to want to explore a bit before going home.
          "There isn't much but I can take you into town and we can wonder around for a little and talk." He smiled, it was clear he liked the thought and to be honest so did I.
          "Sounds like a plan." I smiled at him to show I was happy.
          I didn't have any clothes to change into so after I showered I wore the same pair of jeans and borrowed one of Billy's shirts; I actually really liked it and did warn him he wouldn't be getting it back. There was just something about wearing it that made me feel warm and fuzzy, it made me feel loved.
          "Kiera? You almost ready?" Billy shouted up to me, I didn't realise how long I had been deep in my thoughts for so I quickly grabbed my hoodie and headed downstairs.
          "Ye, sorry." I didn't go into any detail about why I took so long, I didn't want to weird him out and have him run off. "Have you got a charger? My phone died and I'm sure my Dad will be wondering where I am." I didn't want to go home yet but I needed to at least let Andy now I was ok so he wouldn't worry about me being dead or something.
          "Here you go." Billy smiled at me handing me his power bank and a cable. He really is so sweet, his smile is so cute and his hair is really soft and puffy. His eyes are the most amazing blue ever and when I look at them I find it impossible to look away. How no other girl has been interested him I will never know, I feel like the luckiest girl in the universe to have met him.
          When we got into town we went to Costa again, this time though to the one Billy works at so I got to meet some of his colleagues. He then showed me the Bargate which was built in the Norman times as part of the town walls.
          "You know, the statue in the middle of the four windows is of George III in a Roman dress, which in 1809 replaced a wooden statue of Queen Anne." Billy liked history, even though he told me he failed the GCSE. He sure is filled with a lot of random facts, I like it though, its cute when he goes all nerdy. "We can go and look round some shops if you want?" Billy looked at me smiling, he could clearly tell I wasn't as into history as he is. "West Quay has a lot of shops and a food court so we can go get some lunch as well." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 
          "I'm not really that hungry but walking round the shops doesn't sound like a bad idea." I tried to distract him from my food comment by dragging him off demanding he show me to the shops. 

Carlisles P.O.V

"I hope the three of them are ok back home." I said to Esme, I'm worried about how Kiera is coping to her new lifestyle.
          "I'm sure they are fine, Kiera is in safe hands with Edward and Andy." Esme gave a warm, reassuring smile, if she was worried she did a good job at hiding it. "Carlisle, do you know where it is we are going?" 
          "I have... an idea..." I did have a rough idea where i was going i just wasn't sure where we were at the moment. There is a small town called Mystic Falls, I heard there were a couple of vampires here who knew of a cure for Kiera's kind."
          "The Salvatore brothers." Esme replied. "Yes, I've heard of them. I've also heard of all the trouble and danger that follows them. Do you really think it's a good idea to go to them for help? How do we know they will even help us?" The worry in her voice was finally starting to show.
          "We don't Esme but its the only plan we have! We haven't got any other leads to this cure other than them."I knew she understood but I also knew she was scared and worried, we don't know these brothers or if we can trust them.
          "I know Carlisle, I know." She smiled softly, knowing I was right and that we had to do this, for Kiera's sake. Just then there was a crash in the ally way beside us. I coiled back ready to fight and Esme did the same. There was a gush of wind and 4 vampires were stood in front of us. The didn't exchange any words just stared at us.
          "Who are you? I shouted at them but they didn't move or say a word. "I asked who are you?" I shouted at them again, still nothing, just then something attacked us from behind, we tried to fight back but there were so many of them it would have been suicide. We stopped and stood in the middle of a circle of vampires, all their clothes were ripped and blood stained, they looked like homeless people.
          "We don't want any trouble." Esme tried to explain. "We are just looking for someone."
          "We know what you seek, but it is not yours to take!" Someone hissed at us.
          "You're kind have no right to look for the cure!" A woman said spitting at us but before we could say anything everything went dark.