Chapter 3

Your father took you to his office and had you sit down for a chat.

"You sure you want to be a hero, kid? Hah...you remind me of my younger years, so unknowing of the dangers of life. Do what you want to do, but if your life suddenly takes a turn on you, you've got to know how to handle the burdens." You watched your father chew on his cigarette and chuckle at himself.

He got up and gave you a pat on the head, "I'm not going against that idea. But, just so you know, your uncle might not like it."

You frowned to yourself as you thought back to the past, thinking that you should've taken that warning early on in your life if only having the naivety of a young child didn't allow you to. 

❈ ❈ ❈

"Woooahhhh, your hero costume looks dank bro!" Kirishima exclaimed as he watched you fix your utility belt and gas mask.

"It's nothing much. I simply used the blueprint that my older brother made for me," you said, shrugging.

"Oh yeah, speaking of which, you mentioned you had an older brother, didn't you? Must be good to have someone to look up to!"

Yeah, I guess so. Only if we weren't so different.

You got out to the field and were assigned into teams of two. Since the class is an odd number, you volunteered to go solo. All Might was a bit hesitant in my decision but still allowed you to do it your way. But, in return, the pro hero said that another classmate would have to go solo against you, which a certain duo-colored boy volunteered to.

"Ooo~ Look who's going one-on-one with each other? I'm quite excited to see who's gonna win," Kaminari spoke as he eyed the two of us.

You gave him an uninterested look, "It's possibly because he noticed that my level is closer to his physically which caused him to take on the offer."

❈ ❈ ❈

You weren't particularly ready to go up against one of the students who went through recommended, but maybe a small challenge wouldn't hurt. You were assigned the hero team since Todoroki was in that role in his previous round.

"Feigning your opponent buys you a few milliseconds of thinking time. Those milliseconds are crucial—" 

As you entered the building, you saw many barricades of ice surrounding the pathways leading to the next floor.

"Hah...I see, so I guess I'll do the same to you then," You muttered as your hand touched a wall, covering the building with my quirk. You were careful to only make it cover the lower floor.

A pair of footsteps gingerly crunch against the ice, approaching you from behind. You let it come nearer...and nearer. Then it stopped.

You laughed dryly, "I see, you're not willing to go on hand-to-hand combat. So why not we just end it quickly." After the words came out of your mouth, gas followed along.

You could hear a silent gasp from your opponent as you turned around to face him. You watched him slowly sway at his knees, beginning to go limp. Just as he was about to fall, you caught him and gently placed him onto the ground, "Sweet dreams and good night."

❈ ❈ ❈

At the end of the day, you were bombarded by a number of compliments from your classmates. All of your replies were simply giving them a dismissing wave and saying, "It's nothing much."

Your brother took notice of your behavior and sighed to himself, "Always turning a cold shoulder." Shaking his head and smiling helplessly to himself, he watches you walk away from your classmates. 

Notes: 

Let's go a little more in-depth on Akio.

Akio Chisaki

Age: Older than MC by around 2 years.

Birthday: April 24th.

Height: Approx. 180 cm (Around 5' 10")

Distinctive Appearance(s): Golden-eyed.

Blood-type: A- (I'm still deciding on this, I need more research.)

Description: Third-year at UA High. He's one of the rays of sunshine that you can see around the campus, but there was always a rumor that he is actually a cold-hearted monster under the façade.

Favorite Thing: Being an older brother.

Quirk: Blinding Light

Quirk Description: (Okay, it's not a pun, I'm sorry, just let me explain here.)

Blinding Light isn't the best way to explain the quirk. The best way to keep it simple is that he can manipulate light's intensity and heat. It can be so intense that the light can burn or even kill someone. He manipulates it by refracting light with his own hands. Just like how you can use a magnifying glass to scorch ants or melt chocolate. Oh yeah, he can also create light through intense concentration. 

Not sure about the drawbacks. Maybe dry out on the skin due to the intense heat.

The next chapter is just about Y/N and his quirk. Nothing very important.

May 27th, 2022: Changed POV and grammar issues.