Later that day, when I got home, the boys all showed me their suits, and then Liam and Louis asked if what their girlfriends had gotten to wear was acceptable. The girls were wearing long dresses, and I said that they both looked perfect. Honestly, as I glanced over the boys, I was pretty impressed. To be fair, I wasn't expecting that much out of Louis or Liam, and it was simply because they worked at jobs where a T-shirt and jeans were decent work attire. However, Niall worked at a large business brand and was always going to work in suits, so I wasn't that worried about him. Heading to my room, I tried on the short cocktail dress.

The boys all had changed back into their normal clothes, the three of them nodding their heads at the dress. I asked if they liked it, and they all said that I looked really good in it, but they wanted to see the other dress also. It took a while to get the long dress on, and I managed to zip it myself, looking over myself in the mirror. The purple off the shoulder dress looked better, and I felt less like I was trying to show off how I looked with this one. Heading out into the living room, the boys seemed to like this one much better, claiming that I needed to go with it. Honestly, I had no idea what the real style or theme of the party was, but I hoped that my dress was plain in a good way, the style clearly fitting me rather well.

✵✵✵

We decided to carpool since Louis' vehicle fit seven, and there was a total of six of us attending the party. I was praying that all would go well, especially since the last thing I needed was to lose my job over my roommates being total idiots at a fancy party. We picked up Jess and Lanie, the two girls appearing excited to be going to the party. I figured it was because they had been invited to something that multiple celebrities were definitely going to be attending, but I tried not to think about that too much, praying that they also behaved themselves. Once we reached the club where the party was taking place, I gave Louis twenty dollars to get Valet, not wanting to walk a mile in these heels just because he was sometimes cheap. He paid the man for parking and I made my way out of the car. There was the regular entrance, and then there was a separate entrance for the event, the six of us walking toward a man with a clipboard.

"Hi. I'm Finley Amato. These are my friends. We should all be on the list."

He looked like he counted us and I watched him glance down at the list before unhooking the velvet rope. Waiting for all of my friends to enter, we were given wrist bands, the man smiling at me when I thanked him. Honestly, I was surprised that he was so kind, but maybe it was simply because I had been kind to him. It wasn't long before the boys, Lanie, and Jess all disappeared, leaving me to navigate my way around the club. There were people who I had seen before in person and others who the average person would probably freak out overseeing. Making my way toward the back, I found Mrs. Woods, a grin on her face when she noticed me.

"Miss Amato, you made it!" she called.

"Hello, Mrs. Woods."

"Ugh, thank goodness, let's get a drink in you."

"Mrs. Woods, I told you, I don't really do the whole party thing."

She shook her head, and I could tell she was not going to take no for an answer. So, I figured that I could have one drink, but after that, I was going to have water. After all, with Louis driving here, I knew he wouldn't be able to drive us home, so it would probably end up being me. Sighing softly, I thanked Mrs. Woods for the drink she handed me, the woman explaining that it was mixed with vodka and some sort of fruity drink that she had forgotten the name for. I sipped it, liking the flavor, but still knew that I would need to stick with the fact that I was not going to allow myself more than one drink.

"Is Tommy here?" I questioned.

"Oooh, why? Do you like him?"

"Mrs. Woods, how much alcohol have you already had? Also, no. He is just my friend, and I was simply wondering if he was here or not."