Please

TW: Crying, Begging for Mercy, implied Death
Ships: light Makoto Naegi x Byakuya Togami
Perspective: Byakuya Togami, third person

"Looking back at the evidence... I can only think of one person it could've been." Byakuya saw Makoto look straight towards him. It's not fair! He wasn't supposed to lose!
"Then who is it?!" Hina yelled. Byakuya could feel the tension in the room rise. Makoto looked at him sadly.
"Byakuya... It was you, wasn't it?" He spoke with such gloominess... But the accused wouldn't let this happen! He couldn't die!
"No! It wasn't! Makoto, you know it wasn't me!" He pleaded.
"H-How dare you even th-think if accusing master of such a h-hideous act!" Toko yelled.
"Aren't you being a bit defensive, Byakuya? You usually don't mind toying with the idea of you being the murderer." Kyoko looked at him with determined eyes. Byakuya knew he was being out of character, but he just didn't want to die! He just wanted to leave!
"Byakuya... why? We weren't even given a motive yet." Makoto questioned.
"Why? WHY?! BECAUSE I DIDN'T KILL HIM!" He yelled with both anger and weakness.
"I'm sorry but... without any more proof, we're all pretty sure you're the killer." Makoto gave Byakuya a look that said 'just confess'.
"P-proof? Proof!? H-how about the cause of death! M-master would never stab someone! That'd be t-too easy! H-He'd poison or s-strangle someone!" Toko kept on defending him.
"Haven't we already established that the crime wasn't premeditated? He just used whatever was closest to him." Kyoko explained, calm as ever.
"Don't you think I would know to react non-violently?!" Byakuya retorted.
"C'mon Byakuya... just admit it... You killed Hiro, didn't you?" Makoto tried to speak to what little empathy he had.
"No!" He yelled loud enough to echo.
"There's no one else it could possibly be. Just give up now, you've lost." Kyoko finished him off. Those words. 'You've lost'. They kept repeating in his mind. Has he actually lost the game? No, this was more than a game. He was about to lose his life...
"Ding ding ding!" Monokuma's voice inturrupted his thoughts. "You all done with your debate? Awesome! Now it's voting time! Please decide who you believe is the blackened. Will you make the right choice? Or the dreadfully wrong one? Who's it gonna be? WHO'S IT GONNA BE?" Silently everyone grabbed their levers and casted their votes.
"Puhuhuhu! You chose... correctly! Yes, the killer of Yasuhiro Hagakure iiiiis..."
"Wait!" Byakuya cried
"Byakuya Togami! Wow, with all your talk I was expecting you to get away with this. Oh, and for the record, one of you chose wrong! Toko Fukawa picked Aoi Asahina."
Toko squealed an unholy scream. "L-lies! He would n-never!"
"Actually... I did."

"Why? Why did you kill him?" Makoto asked again. Byakuya was filled with the worst sadness he had ever felt. Is this... despair? He tried to talk, but all that came out was a choked sob.
"M-master! Please don't cry!" Toko yelled. She didn't run up to comfort him, knowing he'd brush her off. On the other hand, Makoto walked slowly towards him.
"Byakuya..." The blackened let himself fall to the ground, still crying.
"I just wanted to leave..." He desperately gripped Makoto's pant legs and looked up to him.
"Please don't let me die!" Makoto tried to speak, but nothing came out.
"Please! I don't wanna die!" Hot tears streamed down his face as he looked up to the only friend he ever made, gripping his pant legs tighter.
"Please! Please! I-I've never begged for anything in my entire life! Just please don't let me die here!" This wasn't an act. This was pure desperation.
Makoto fell down to Byakuya's level and hugged him tightly. He started sobbing.
"Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!" He kept repeating that one word in between sobs.
"If I could save you, I would... but I can't." Makoto said, a few tears falling down his face as well.
"Please..." He pleaded one final time in an almost inaudible breath. One of his final breaths.