Episode 19

Three men died in a car accident and met St. Peter at the gates of heaven. St. Peter spoke to them "I will ask you a simple question. If you tell the truth, you can enter heaven, if not, hell." St. Peter asked the first man, "How many times have you cheated on your wife?" The first man replied, "Never did I." St. Peter replied, "Not only will you enter heaven but I will also give you a mansion made of diamonds." Then Peter asked the second man with the same question. The second man replied, "I cheated twice." St. Peter replied, "You can still enter heaven but because of unfaithfulness I will only give you a semi-concrete house." St. Peter also repeated the question to the third man. The third man replied, "I cheated eight times." St. Peter replied, "You can still enter heaven but because of your unfaithfulness I will only give you a nipa hut." Then after an hour, the second and third man saw the first man wailing. So the two asked, "Why are you crying so hard if you already have a mansion?" Then the first man replied, "Because I saw my wife in here homeless."

We live in a world which revolves in an imperfect reward system. Many people work day and night but find it difficult to provide their families a decent and sustainable life. Several people do their best to be honest in their discipline only to be character assassinated. And few people gave their best efforts for the love of their life but that someone chose to waste it.

In today's gospel episode (Mt. 5:1-12), Jesus presents three things namely: reminder, consolation, and reward. Jesus reminds us that it is an important thing to make goodness a lifestyle. Also, He consoles us that no matter how difficult it is to live in kindness, there will come a time that our efforts would pay off. Lastly, Jesus presents to us the reason why we have to continue to strive to be charitable, that is, to finally embrace our Father in Heaven who is so excited for our return. Amen

TGIFY-Reflection #19
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
November 1, 2019