Halloween

"But what if-"

Alice cuts him off before he can even finish his sentence. "No, FP. For the last time you are not coming to this party with me dressed as a sheriff." 

He frowns. "You're dressing up as your career, why can't I?"

Alice shoots him a look in the mirror. "I'm Sherlock Holmes, Forysthe. He's a detective, I'm a reporter."

He sighs and gets off her bed. "Fine, I'll go find something to wear. But I can't promise it will be any good, this is very last minute."

"Hey, you're the one who offered to come with me, I was going to go alone." She points out. 

He walks over to her and presses a kiss to the top of her head. "No way I was letting you go alone. I've got an idea don't worry."

Alice shakes her head with a laugh as she watches him rush out of the room. She turns back to mirror and adds the finishing touches to her hair and makeup.

A knock on the door catches her attention and she looks over to find Jellybean standing there. "Hey, JB. What's up?"

"Could you help me with my costume?" She asks. "I don't know how to do the hair."

"Of course," Alice grins and stands up from her vanity chair, gesturing to it. "Take a seat."

Alice brushes through Jellybean's hair and starts curling and pinning pieces, making sure it looks perfect. "What do you think?"

Jellybean grins as she looks at her hair. "It looks so good! Thanks Alice!"

"You're welcome." Alice smiles at the girl and locks her hair in place with some hairspray.

They both look towards the door when they hear footsteps thundering upstairs and FP calling for Alice. "I found the perfect costume, Al!"

Alice raises an eyebrow at Jellybean, she can only imagine what FP has decided to wear out.

He comes walking into the bedroom. "Hey Bean, your costume looks awesome kid."

"Thanks dad, Alice helped me with my hair."

"I'm not seeing much of a costume, you're just wearing jeans and a t-shirt." Alice points out.

"Wait for it." He tells her before slowly turning around and popping a hip, showing off the red hat in his back pocket.

"Oh my God, you're going as Bruce Springsteen?" She laughs.

"Hey, it's easy and it's not a sheriff. It was either Bruce or Tom Cruise in Risky Business, I thought this would be a little more appropriate."

"Good choice." Alice agrees, even though the thought of him in his boxers all night is very appealing to her.

"I'm going to go see if Betty's ready to go yet."

"Have fun, sweetheart." Alice calls after the girl.

"Be safe, Bean. And be good for Betty." FP tells her.

"I will!"

FP looks over at Alice and points at his costume. "Come on, you've gotta admit it's a good costume."

"Much better than a sheriff, as sexy as the uniform may be." She drapes her arms over his shoulders when he comes closer to her.

"You make a good Sherlock Holmes, pretty hot. But then I again, I always think you're hot."

"Ditto." She leans up on her tip toes to press a kiss to his lips. "Alright, Bruce, lets get going."