Thanksgiving

Looks like we're going to be getting a Thanksgiving episode, which is so, so exciting!

Also, shoutout to Kathisa16 for always helping me come up with ideas when I've got nothing, I really appreciate it.

___

___

"Breakfast was great, Alice." FP tells her as he helps her wash the dishes. Charles had offered to drive Jellybean and Betty to school, leaving the two adults alone in the house.

"Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it." She hands him another plate to dry. "I missed cooking for people. As much as I loathe thinking about my time with Harold, it was nice to cook for my family every night, I haven't got to do that in a while."

"Well you can cook for us any time you want, us Jones like to eat."

Alice smiles. "Oh I know."

"And I'd help you too, you wouldn't have to do it alone. This isn't the 50's, I'd help out." FP assures her.

"That's sweet Forsythe, but you can't cook." His mouth falls open and she giggles as she stretches to put a plate in the cabinet. He takes it from her and places it on the shelf with ease.

"Hey, I know how to cook." She raises an eyebrow at him. "I do!"

"Microwave dinners and frozen pizzas don't count." He smirks and flicks dish water at her when she turns away from him. She gasps and whips around. "You didn't."

He laughs. "Oh, I did." He flicks water at her again. "And I did it again."

"That's disgusting, we just washed the dishes with that water." She steps closer to him and nonchalantly dips her hand into the water. She raises her hand out quickly, getting him with more water than planned.

"Oh it's on." He flicks water at her but she's too fast. He catches her with an arm around her waist and spins her around to face him, planning on flicking water at her but instead staring into her eyes. Her eyes flicker down to his lips and back up to his eyes. He leans in just a smidge to see how she'd react, and when she does nothing but lean in as well, he slowly presses his lips to hers, kissing her for the first time in far too long. It's slow and sweet and when they pull away he rests his forehead against hers. He opens his mouth to say something but she pushes away from him and rushes out of the kitchen. He hears the door of her bedroom slam shut and sighs.

___

The kiss had occurred three days earlier and it's all either of them had been able to think about. (Not that either of them would admit that.)