Chapter 3

3rd person PoV
It's already been 2 years since (Y/N) became a demon slayer. He had talked and done missions with Mitsuri, Rengoku and Hajime. He spent time with Mitsuri every time that he could as they are best friends, (Y/N) was highly respected by everyone since everyone knew he had a power similar to the pillars. His rank was Kinoe, with a kill record of 130 demons, many people asked themselves why he wasn't a pillar already, but it was because he declined, saying he wasn't strong enough even if he already mastered the total concentration breathing and he could maintain it day and night.
Hajime is also a Kinoe, everyone respect him too, he's also at pillar level and his kill record is 121 demons.

(Y/N) and Hajime are going to visit Oyakata-sama right now, they were called for a mission since both of them are strong and their team skill is one of the best in the corps.

(Y/N): "Hey Hajime, do you know why the called us?"

He said to the teal haired teenager.

Hajime: "Well it seems there has been spotted many demons in a village to the south, and all the demon hunters we sent hasn't come back.... Now that I think about it... It has happened 2 years since we became a duo right?"

The teal haired teenager said while holding his hands behind his head.

(Y/N): "Yeah it has Hajime.."

(Y/N) started thinking, remembing how they became one of the best demon hunters duo.

(Flashback, some months after Rengoku and (Y/N) did their first mission)

(Y/N) was running towards a village with Rengoku.

(Y/N): "Rengoku-san it seems there's more and more demons in this area some villagers have died, first report about this area was about a demon who had huge horns, then after the huge horns demon appeared 3 villagers went missing, and after those villagers went missing a demon with lizard skin and a tail appeared and was eating a person or well that's what the person who reported this said. The villagers think he is crazy."

Rengoku: "Mhm it's good to always remember every details (Y/N) you are becoming a good demon hunter, this mission is yours, but Oyakata-sama thought about sending someone else, you will meet him soon."

(Y/N) continues running and they get to the village but then he stops and thinks what Rengoku said.

(Y/N): "Wait did you said someone else?!"

He yells surprised as Rengoku starts laughing.

Rengoku: "HAHAHA! That's right my tsuguko, Oyakata-sama thought about sending you with someone else, I'll just spectate with another person."

(Y/N): "Oh come on! I wanted to partner with Rengoku-san..."

Rengoku: "Don't worry you know that person already so you will be fine."

(Y/N): *Wait is it Mitsuri-san!?*

He asks being happy while looking at his pillar.

Rengoku: "Nope! It's someone else. Maybe next time I'll bring her so you can be motivated."

(Y/N) starts blushing when Rengoku said that as 2 people approach him as he starts recognizing a certain teal haired boy.

Hajime: Yo (Y/N)!

Muichiro: "Greetings Rengoku-san."

(Y/N) notices that both of them are using clothes to cover their katanas as he starts to hide it with his Haori.

Rengoku: "Alright (Y/N) your partner is Hajime, find the demons and kill them, while me and Muichiro talk about something."

(Y/N) watches Rengoku walk away with the mist pillar but Rengoku has his nichirin on his waist.