Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster

Start from the beginning

I forced a smile on my face as I got out of my chair and walked around my desk, "They're just worried about the rogue situation."

"I thought the rogues settled down?" He questioned.

"That's the problem," I muttered blandly as I leaned back against my desk and crossed my arms.

"I guess it is peculiar." He mussed. "Have you come up with anything on getting to them yet?"

I shrugged, "Still thinking about it."

His eyes narrowed at my cool tone, "Are you alright? Did I interrupt something? I could leave." He gestured to the door and I felt bad for giving him the cold shoulder but I had to know.

"I heard you've been leaving the pack territory." I assessed him as his eyes widened in mild surprise and panic but it was gone in an instant, "Care to explain where you've been sneaking off to?"

Sighing, he walked over to the couch and sat down, "It's not what you think."

"And what do I think?" I asked.

"That I'm plotting against you? I don't know but you're looking me like Char and Pen did." He scrubbed his hands down his face before facing me after I didn't give him an answer, "I've been looking for her."

"You've been looking for who?" I asked utterly confused.

His eyes flickered across the room as he avoided eye contact, "My mate."

And it all made sense. 

I deflated with relief as I left my statue position and sat beside him on the sofa, "Finn, why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to but I didn't know how'd you react." He shrugged.

I took his hand between my palms, "Did you get her scent?"

His eyes found my own and sadness was embedded in his irises, "No, I've just been holding on to hope."

"She's out there, I know it." I assured him, "But it's too dangerous to go on your own Finn, with the rogues and maybe even the hunters. We'll find her, I promise you."

"What if I don't?"

"You will. It will happen when the Moon Goddess wishes it to happen. Don't go running around the forest with hope, it will only put you in danger." I stated. 

"Fine." He grumbled.

"Promise me." I tugged on his arm and a smile played on his lips.

"Promise." He whispered, "Tell me about Callum, about the mate bond."

My eyes lit up with excitement as gushed about Cal. Our relationship has just been on a constant high and whenever he was around, I felt like I could breathe better. 

~ Callum's POV ~

I flexed my fingers now that the damn splint was finally removed. I was never punching a wall again. 

Spraining my wrist prohibited me from too much. Like holding my mate the way I want to. 

With the thought of Ev in my head, I knew she'd be happy that Kitara finally removed the damn brace from my wrist.

I walked out of the infirmary as I spotted my cousin, Penelope, walking down the staircase.

"Ev still in her office?" I asked.

"Yup." She answered before walking out the front door. Wasn't really much of a speaker, but her siblings and her where alright.

The entire family I didn't know existed all welcomed me with open arms and after being alone with gramps all this time, it was refreshing to be in a house filled with family of my own.