[25]

~Semira's POV~

"You ever think of how we could've just been frozen in time?"

"No that never even occurred to me."

"See!" Daniel shouted. "In between you just saying the word occurred we could have all been frozen and aliens could've just killed someone in the Senate."

"You sound insane," Jonah chuckles.

He looks at me as I laugh and I stare into his eyes for what seemed like a millisecond, but it was worth it.

Last time people found out Jonah and I were starting to become a thing, all of it blew up. Not this time. This time we both felt something new and agreed that, no matter how serious we got, we were going to wait at least a month to admit our secrets.

It sounded good to both of us, you have to admit. Being able to stay in secret with the man you loved seemed romantic enough for the situation we were currently in.

Jonah hasn't ever told me he loved me as more than friends. I'm pretty positive he does, but I don't want to jump the gun and hop on a train of love to be shut completely down. So, as always, I take things slow.

Last time we blew this up yet I refuse to do so again.

"I mean he has a point," mumbles Corbyn.

"WHAT?" Jack literally bursts out of nowhere. "There is no way you agree with him."

He shrugs. Everyone can tell Corbyn isn't himself, but he is getting there and I know that better than anyone.

"Semira what do you think?" all the guys turn to me in unison.

"I think that you all saying that at once ruined your unison 'and we're why don't we' trademark for me," I state rather matter of factly.

They all groan and Tyler beckons all of us to the front doors as we got up from the lobby's comfy couch cushions.

As soon as we leave those seats I see two little kids jump eagerly onto them giggling. I don't know why it grabbed my attention immediately, but I smiled. I genuinely smiled at it.

I see the boys a couple steps ahead of me and I catch up with a slight jog and walk beside Zach. I nudge his shoulder with mine and smile.

He just laughs and we reach Tyler and I continue to lean on Zach.

"Ok so we all know tomorrow is our last night in the rooms so today after the boys' interview and the one of Semira's own interview you have all day to pack up your things and explore. After that we are off on the bus again but this time to Tampa, Florida."

"Ah sunny Florida," I breathe out basically in heaven at the thought of it.

I see Jonah look over at me and I smile knowing he knows all about my sunny states obsession. This makes me giggle and Zach looks at me and does the same.

I look back over to Jonah and see his smile falter. I know that look so I ignore it and stay in my position until we all start to disperse so we could get through the hotel doors and get into our cars.

~

I'm in a car with Jonah and myself in the back with Tyler giving specifics to the Uber driver up front.

"What was that about?" Jonah furrows his eyebrows pouring his emotions onto me through this gorgeous eyes.

"I'm not positive I know what you mean," I tease him.

He throws his head back and I roll my eyes playfully, yet to myself, and play with his fingers nonchalantly which seems to grab his attention. He smiles, but I look out the window since Tyler had nothing to focus on anymore.

Jonah knew how badly I wanted this to work. No he didn't see me as desperate, but he understood since we were trying this again and, being the people we are, both of our emotions never seem to be in check, ever.

Once Tyler opens his mouth to complain once again to our driver I glance and my hand that had somehow come back to Jonah's.

"I love you."

Is what I wanted to say.

Instead I came up with, "You're the only guy I see the way you're jealously is assuming Jonah."

I don't know if Jonah just agrees because he doesn't want a fight or because he actually believes me. I could care less. As long as he appreciates my opinions and strong thoughts I will always have a place for him in my stubborn heart.

"I hope so," he said, but it wasn't in his Jonah ways.

If you imagine Jonah saying that in a way to turn someone on, how wrong you were today. He said it almost as if he was drowning and he couldn't catch whatever air was left. He has one last breathe and those were his words.

By the time I process everything the 10 minute drive to the building where the interviews would be held is over.

~

"So," the interviewer, whose name I have learned to be Jenna, presses, "Semira how did all these rumors of you and Corbyn begin?"

"Rumors?" I question truly stunned there were rumors.

"You must know," she rolled her eyes at me like I was a silly child.

"I don't," I laugh off.

She pulls out her phone and pushes it into my face and I gently push back her hand. I look at the screen to see a collaboration of photos of Corbyn and I being distant. More like not always standing together. What ridiculousness.

I stifle my laugh and state, "Corbyn and I are best friends but we are more like siblings than anything and if limelights don't know how much distance one can need from their sibling I think research or experience is in order."

Jenna laughs with me but looks away in an annoyed manner. She looked disappointed more than anything not having gotten nothing from me.

"Well that concludes our interview fans," she spits out rather quickly. "Tune in next time for our soon to come Why Don't We exclusive."

I stand up and wave into the small camera that was live streaming the interview that had just ended.

I take off the headset that was placed on my neck. I smile at the reporter and she yet again rolls her eyes. That toothy smile of mine was retracted by that attitude and turned into a tight lipped smirk.

I walk out and grab a breath of fresh air only to be greeted by the boys again and to hear complaints of their terrible interviewer as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes yes this is a filler if it wasn't obvious...but it's an update ❤️ enjoyyyy