... something surprising

Few days passed by. Arijit had become our first CR. He was very excited and we were proud that he was in our group. The GS election campaigning had begun. There were two final year students contesting. Mehul Singh and Anish Chowdhury.

Anish of what we had heard from the seniors was a brat. There was also a rumour that he was into drugs. But his father who was a business tycoon in Delhi had lot of power so he had more supporters than Mehul. But everyone secretely hoped Mehul would become the GS. Even those supporting Anish had shine in their eyes when Mehul passed by.

One day there was class to class campaigning by the GS candidates. Anish came in with around 20-30 boys and girls and gave his campaigning speech. Attitude was evident in his each and every word. When Mehul came in he was alone he silently delivered his speech. The whole class was in aww with Mehuls' subtle nature.

That day all my friends left a little early and I waited in the library for some reference as it was my turn the next week for a short seminar in anatomy. While I was at a small search at the library I heard a soft sound from behind me. The voice was familiar. I turned around to see that it was Mehul.

His fair face with pink lips widened to smile. His dark brown eyes gleaming in true excitment. "Hii, do you need any help" he stated as i regained myself while realising that i was actually staring at him. " I, I... No,no thank you" I replied as I fumbled with words.

"Hey, don't be scared. I am just a human being. Not a tiger who will eat you up." He said to me as he realised that i was sweating with fear. " You are searching for books on Anatomy of the cervical bones right." He shuffled some books and chose two of them and handed them to the librarian and said " Chadda Ma'am this is Prakriti she is from FY, give her a mock card till the official cards are made and enter these two books on them." The lady on the centre seat of the library smilingly did as told to her and handed me the books with a small paper card with my name, serial no of books and today's date and time. Return date was exact a week later.

After collecting by books I turned around but couldn't see Mehul anywhere. I was surprised by his thankful act. I was wondering how does he know my name? I left college and boarded bus back home. But on the way home all i could think was of MEHUL..

-------------------------------------------------------

SORRY GUYS FOR POSTING SO LATE.
SO OUR STORY IS TAKING AN INTERESTING DIRECTION. HOPE YOU'LL LIKE IT.
THANK YOU
☺️