1st Day of College

I reached the bus stop but Sargun wasn't there yet. I was excited and nervous at the same time. During the past few days we had been finding out which bus to catch and where to get down. "Hey Prakriti" I startled as Sargun patted my back. "Hey babes" I exclaimed "You are late. " Sargun was always late as usual. " Chalta hain yaar, I am still in time for the bus". I laughed and said "Tu nahi sudhregi pagal, chal let's sit there until the bus comes" We both sat on the bench next to the bus stop.

"Prakriti, I am very scared. It's our first day in college and I am scared of ragging" Sarguns tension was evident on her face. I was tensed too but if I said that Sargun would have become more tensed. Sargun was a very sensitive girl. "Are tension na le, main hoon na. Teri bodyguard" And we laughed.

The bus arrived at 8am sharp. College started at 9am.Our college was just 45minutes away but we wanted to reach a little early so that we are not in haste at last minute. When we reached close to the college campus we could see lovely greenary all around.

Dr. Rajender Grover Medical College was a private college run by Dr. Nareen Grover who was also the Dean of the college. His father Dr. Mukesh Grover had started this college around 20years ago. Dr. Nareen had been the dean since last 5 years. It was a well maintained college and was ranked in top 10 medical colleges of India.

"Grover college, Grover college sab college ke bacche utro" The bus conductor shouted and woke me up from my stance. Sargun and me got down from the bus. There were many more students who got down from the bus. Some Seniors and some Freshers.

All the freshers had an mixed expression of enthusiasm and anxiety. Their new life was about to begin.