Feeling Low isn't a weakness (Part three)

A pointless ending. 

Peter hated Tony Stark. That man put him in this position. Peter hadn't shown up for work since he got taken away, the orphanage he was staying at wouldn't allow it. Then he was put into a foster home but the parents and other kids there weren't nice to him. He ran away after a few days and when the foster dad tried to hit him. No way was he going to stay there. 

It had been nine days since he got taken away. Peter had gone back to his routine of living on rooftops but did not attend school or go to work anymore. He, therefore, has no more money which means no food or water. Peter's lack of food led him to have an unreliable spidey sense due to his high metabolism needing more food than the average human and he wasn't eating anything. 

Then, as he sits on the rooftop of some apartment complex, Peter hears thrusters. Iron Man lands in his suit, coming out of it while Peter pretends not to notice the presence of his boss. 

"You're about eight days late for work Parker," Tony says with sarcasm, hoping to get the boy smiling or joking about again. Nothing came from Peter's mouth until Tony sat down beside him on the roof edge. 

"Wasn't allowed to leave," Peter replied looking out at the nightlife of the city with an emotionless expression. Tony noticed how tired, pale and dehydrated he looked and got FRIDAY to secretly contact Steve to bring food and water. 

Tony watches Peter as he continued to stare at cars going by, people walking down the streets in the dark night. "What happened? They asked for you again," 

Peter held back a scoff. Of course, he's only here because of that, not because he cares. "Put me into some home where the parents aren't nice. One tried to hit me so I ran," Peter answered with a raspy voice. "Why are you here? 'Cause if you're taking me back, that's not happening," 

"No, Pete. I'm not taking you back," Tony said with honesty. "I wanted to offer you something," Peter didn't meet his eyes not speak so Tony went ahead with his words. "C-can I adopt you?" 

Peter turned and looked at him dead in the eyes, shock clear but disbelief and betrayal filled them more. "You don't want me," He assured himself more than Tony. Steve spoke into Tony's comms stating the food was waiting for them at the tower. 

"Kiddo, I do. I didn't ask at first because I-I was scared you'd say no. I didn't want to ruin our relationship and thought you'd be better off somewhere else but that wasn't right of me. I'm sorry Peter, I won't let it happen again," Tony said in one go. Peter let tears fall from his eyes and hugged Tony. "I'm assuming this is a yes," 

"I-it is," Peter mumbled, holding onto his boss, no his adoptive dad. "Thank you," 

"Anytime. Now there's food at the tower, let's get back before the others eat it all," 

I'm gonna end it here. It's short ik but I couldn't think of anything more.