Chapter 5

I hug him tightly and give him a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Anyway, you wanna hang out?" He says as he wipe the tears away from his handsome face.

"Wait a sec. I'll tell my mom." He nods.

Me: Mom, I'll be home at 7.
Mom: Where are you going? I thought you went to the mall?
Me: I met David on my way home, he asked me to hang out with him. Can I go?

My phone goes off and I look at the screen. Why is my mom calling me?I look at David and he shrugs.

"Hello, mom?"

"Courtney, I don't think you can go."

"But why? You're not usually like this?" I hear she sighs.

"Hun-"

"David is my only friend, mom." I walk a few steps away from David as I cut my mom off. I know it's impolite, but she is acting so different right now.

"I know, but why don't you just go with Austin instead of him? Austin is your future husband, remember that?" Oh so this is the reason she's been acting differently? Because of Austin, huh?

I sigh, "Okay, I'm going home now."

I turn to look at David, and he's looking at the floor, his hands are inside of his hoodies pocket.

"I'm sorry, I can't go with you, my mom needs me." I have to lie, or else he would think that my mom doesn't like him.

He smiles and nods, "It's fine."

"I'm gonna go now, I guess?" Why does it sound like I'm asking myself? Whatever.

"Okay, I'll drive you home.I want to make sure you're safe." How sweet of him?

"It's okay, I brought my car, I'll just text you when I'm at home, okay?"

He sighs and smiles, " Okay then." I hug him and leave.

~~~

"You're moving to his house today. I don't want to argue with you, Courtney. Can you please just listen to your mother for once?" Wow, really mom?

I'm really speechless right now. I can even barely breath, this sounds too much but I'm telling you the truth. Moving out to Austin's house? Am I even welcomed? Never in a milion years thought this would happen, it's like a dream. I don't know if I should be happy or not. I feel both, though. But packing is the least thing I want to do right now, I don't want to argue with my mom, I'm way too tired.

"I'm gonna go pack everything." She just nods and I leave upstairs.

I was about to put my last hoodie in my suitcase until my phone distracts me, there's a text message, from... mom?

Mom: Michele's waiting for you outside, be quick!

I don't know but I found this funny. She could just knocked my door and told me to be quick, rather than texting me, while we're actually at the same place, same
house. But hey, whatever floats her boat.

I check on my closet, there's nothing there, only a few cliff hangers left. Good bye my lovely bedroom, I love you. I remember the first time I slept in this bedroom, I was so scared because this room was bigger than my previous room. And also every night I'd watch netflix here, sneaking at 2 AM to get snacks and drinks. And- wait.

David!

I haven't told him about this, I'm going to lose my only friend, how sad.

I go down the stairs and see my mom talking with Michele, no Austin though.

"Hey! Are you ready?" Michele stands up and smiles at me. I nod and hug my mom.

"I'll miss you, hun. Don't forget to always call me every day, tell me something interesting," She pulls away and I can see her eyes are watery, oh mom. "oh, and your dad asked you to call him today, he'll be home in a week. You can visit us any time you want." She caresses my cheek with her thumb. Why does it feel like I'm leaving this house forever. I'm gonna miss this house so much.

I hug her again, tightly this time, "I will. I'm gonna miss you, I love you mom." I feel a tear slips down my face, I wipe it and pulls away from the hug.

"I love you too, now go. I'm sure Austin's waiting for you." I don't think Austin is waiting for me. But I just nod.

I take all of my suitcases, with Michele helping me. I sit in the passenger seat while Michele seat in the driver seat. I roll the windows down and wave at my mom, she is wiping her tears away from her eyes. I mouth her 'Love you', she smiles and mouths me back with the same words.

The ride isn't awkward at all because Michele ask me bunch of questions, but I honestly don't mind, she seems fun and kind.

In about 15 minutes, we arrive at the Mahone's house. Geez, it's really huge, for me it's more like a mansion.

"Wait a minute okay, I'll call Austin to help you with your suitcases." She smiles and enters the house.

"Who's moving with us?" I hear a boy's voice saying that, which I'm sure it's Austin. He comes out a minute later, his eyes are widen and so does his mouth.

"You?! Wha-How?! Mom, seriously?"

I should've just stayed in my room.

***

A/N: I did a little editing for all chapters, so it kinda took me a while to update.

Please comment your thoughts! I'd like to read them all :D Thank you for reading & voting.